“The best B&B I have stayed - you can't get a better view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caerhys Farm

and 1 more site!
Caerhys Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Berea B&B and Inns
Epsom, United Kingdom
“The best B&B I have stayed - you can't get a better view”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have not given review for B&Bs I felt 'average' but this one I feel compelled to write something. A bit far from main road but worth every min of driving to get the fantastic view. Seaside location with elevated view to the sea and lighthouse in the distance. Farm feel with well-behaved dogs around. Close to Whitesands which is a beautiful beach. Some good restaurants around (I didn't dine in B&B so cant say how good is dinner but breakfast was very good). Anna is the owner and very helpful and friendly. One tip: it's definitely worth asking for the sea-view room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Zijia_Xu

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I would definitely recommend staying at Caerhys Organic Farm; at Caerhys I woke up to the really amazing view - glorious coast and farmland; you cannot beat Welsh countryside! The breakfast was delicious on both days (fabulous omlettes for me!) and the animals at the farm are great; I loved the dogs, almost wanted to steal one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna S
Sutton on Trent
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love this place. I am going back as soon as I can. About 4 miles or so outside St David's with a beautiful view of Aber Eiddy Beach through your window, a beautiful coastline. Caerhys farm delivers in so many areas. It is a working farm, authentic and honest. The farmhouse has very comfortables rooms and all the comforts you can ask, but you know you are in a farmhouse. No PVC windows and doors, just good old fashioned wooden beams, doors and windows. It looks and feels like it has a long history. Breakfast was excellent! All locally sourced produce, I think the sausage was homemade, eggs were from the farm etc. A special thanks to Ann, for making it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael N
Renfrewshire
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Forgot to fill in the visitor book so want to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the farm. As all have said before, the views from the room were excellent, the breakfasts were excellent and the owners and their family were so welcoming. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gorthydrum
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed (two couples) in the days up to Easter. I echo all the comments below about the beauty of the views and the stunning location perched on the edge of Wales. It was very wild and windy for some of our visit, but it didn't really matter as we visited St Davids in the day (great galleries and interesting cafes) and sat round the wood burner in the big living room at night, playing board games and sipping tea. On the sunny calmer days we did coastal walks - stunning. The host family are very laid back and made us feel so welcome. The breakfasts were huge, tasty and the home made sausages delicious. This is a real gem of a B&B.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ruchb4h
Hull
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I decided to explore South Wales by staying in the Brecon Beacons, the Gower and the North Pembrokeshire Coast. Our final destination was Caerhys Farm and it proved to be the icing on the cake. Great hosts, lovely animals, fantastic breakfast and comfortable bed. As mentioned in other reviews, room 1 is a dream. Fantasic views and great sunsets.
Great walking from the farm along the coastal path and some great activities to take part in.
Don't take my word for it, just go.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Westy25
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights with our three-year-old daughter. She had a great time playing with the farm dogs and watching the piglets. We used the B&B as a base for trips to St Davids and Skomer Island.

The view of the coast from our window was remarkable. We could watch the sunsets from our window or from the lawn below. There's a pebbly beach about 15 minutes walk from the farm.

The room itself was comfortable, with a good-sized en suite bathroom. There was room for our daughter's travel bed, and tea-making facilities on a small shelf.

The breakfast was good; the coffee was excellent, really nice and strong. There was a sitting room with a TV available for guests, and a selection of books and brochures about local attractions. Our hosts Ann and Gerald were friendly and available whenever we had a question or needed help.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms at the end of the hall have a gorgeous view of the coast.