“The 1960's are calling, they want their decor back!”

Lefty's Pizzeria & Lounge
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I should have known by the outside that Lefty's was not the place to eat, but TripAdvisor did rate it the # 1 Pizza Restaurant in Grand Falls so I decided not to judge a book by it's cover! Once past the front door I was transported back in time to the pizza joints of the 60's with checkered tablecloth's and tacky Italian memorabilia.

Still hoping for the best I could forgive the surroundings to experience "The pizza and the owners are by far the best in the province. They make their own dough on the premises and excellent toppings of only the finest ingredients." to quote another review. I decided to try their best pie with a Small Extra Special - complete with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Green Pepper and Bacon!

The pizza arrived in a reasonable time and looked good on first glance. The tasting however revealed canned mushrooms, frozen pieces of green pepper, and imitation bacon bits! What a let down! Though the outer crust was thick and crisp the center was thin enough to read through and unable to support the toppings covering it.

I'll chalk this one up to experience and recommend Lefty's be left be.

1  Thank Edgeinfo
Adrian W, Owner at Lefty's Pizzeria & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Hello Edgeinfo! We are the new owners of Lefty's Pizzeria & Lounge and I was looking back on some of the older reviews. I would like to offer you an opportunity come in and have another look at the restaurant. You might like the changes. Ya, the old counters are still there but we are working on that. We still use canned mushrooms (Fresh is too expensive and do not last long when not used) and we have never used frozen green peppers nor do we put bacon bits on pizza unless requested. I ask you to come back and give us another try and I'll give you a discount. It'll be worth your while.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We've been a costumer of Leftys, Frankie, since 1981. The food is awesome. We now live in Corner Brook and never travel East without a stopover here. Love it.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This restaurant has been a family favourite for as long as I can remember. The pizza is consistently amazing. The only complaint I have is that when you call in your order, the owner's wife is so rude and abrupt on the phone. She will chat when you go get your order, but on the phone she is a pitbull. Lighten up Frankie!!! We just want to support your business. Please and thank you and a friendly tone goes a long way.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Eat in or take out, their pizza is second to none. You cannot find a better pizza anywhere....

Reviewed January 15, 2012

By far the best pizza I've ever eaten my intire life. It's amazing, delicious and flavorfilled.