Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$116
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotels.com
Hotel Robin Hood(Grand Falls Windsor)
Mount Peyton Hotel(Grand Falls Windsor)
TripAdvisor
Carriage House Inn(Grand Falls Windsor)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubthe riverfire pitthe ownersnowmobile tripvacation homegroomed trailssnow conditionstucked awaytotal relaxationour tour guidecentral newfoundlandpauladventurejoyrapidscabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow!! Just amazing!! I brought my niece here for her 16th birthday and what a time we had! My sister and mother came as well and we did the white water rafting experience and then stayed at the chalets, and it was fantastic!! The tour guide was awesome, the chalet was awesome, and it was just a perfect little get away! Couldn't have asked for any better, I would defiently recommend it to anyone. Big Shout out to the tour guide (William) who really made my niece feel special on her 16th birthday!!! Took her Salsa dancing! haha! Wonderful time!!! Oh and the hot tub was great also, after a long day of paddling, it certainly was refreshing and relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Olivia O
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hi Olivia. Well I am so happy your daughter had a wonderful birthday. Your post also portrays the trip as good for all the family which is awesome. William is coming back for his second season with us in 2014 so you know what you should do for her 17th birthday LOL? Keep those Salsa lessons coming William! For those of you who are not familiar, William, one of our guides, is a salsa instructor from Equador and teaches lessons at our lunch spot during the rafting trips. Thanks for your overwhelmingly positive review.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

we stayed a weekend in august at riverfront chalets. the chalets are absolutely beautiful. we have travelled all over the island and have to say that these are the best that we have seen. the management are extremely accomadating, example being that i had booked the river rafting but hurt my back the day before. they did not hesitate to refund my money.i was very dissapointed that i did not get to go rafting but on the other hand i was extremely happy with the chalets and operators. i would highly recommend a stay there. I WILL BE BACK, thand you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newfydiver

We keep hearing that the chalets are the best on the island. I am starting to believe that now lol! Thanks for the excellent review. I hope your back is good now. I also hope you come back paddle with us and try out what you missed! Thanks again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for a few days while on business on Newfoundland because I wanted to get away from the city. Amazing accommodations, amazing views, very remote and private. Although I was by myself this would be the absolute IDEAL spot to rent with a group of family or friends.

If you were looking to visit Newfoundland and wanted to "get outside" and be around nature this is the spot for you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NickWolynsky
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Nick. Thanks very much. It was a pleasure having you. Sorry your trip was cut short and hope your family is doing well. See you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ideal location to do small group meeting, planning days, strategic planning or staff training. Nine of my counterparts from accross NL met for 3 days, 2 nites booking the four challets. We had training sessions, relaxing meetings and great conversations in the hot tub after meeting hours...It is an amazing environment to work or play. (we used one chalet for our meetings and food and used the others for accommodations.) Ask about the internet as it can be a little fussy but all in all, it was great. P.S. I hope you get a chance to try Joy's soup...OMG... thanks Paul and Joy...will be back...

Room Tip: beds are very comfortable....internet is better appearantly in chalet 3 & 4
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karenb489
RiverfrontChalets, Manager at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thanks so much for the nice review. Someday we hope to have a conference center but for now using the chalets for small groups seems to be working out very well. Everyone says he same thing....that they are very productive here without distractions of work and the relaxing atmosphere. Yes, Joy does make very good soup. We serve soup on our snowmobile tours-always a hit! Thanks again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this property during our annual ATV trip. After an 8 hour ride we were looking forward to a hot shower and cold drink!!! We were more than impressed with the chalet, clean, great decor and very spacious. The chalet is fully equipped so no need to bring a thing. We were short on plates and some utensils but nothing a phone call didn't fix within minutes. We took advantage of the firepit and the hot tub. Since we arrived after dark I wasn't truly able to see the beautiful view of the Exploits until the next morning. WOW.... I would recommend this property and would return!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank silverecho
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hi,
Thanks so much for the compliments! I guess you were here last Fall? Yes, the river is a gem in this province for sure! Especailly now when it is raging with high flow it is hard not to look out often. I apologize for the shortage on dishes. This happens when a group is sharing more than one chalet but eating meals together...not everything gets put back to the original chalet sometimes. Well I hope you come back real soon with an ATV group! Thanks again!