“Always exceptional”

Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Gravenhurst
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great year round waterfront restaurant. We are adjacent to local marina with fantstic view of lake muskoka. . Patio-Restaurant-Lounge.. Lunch and dinner are casual gourmet, We ask that all guests pmease be mi dg that we cook from scratch. Our meals take approximately 30 min to arrive to your table. So please have a glass of wine and enjoy the view. Our hours are Tuesday to Thursday. 11:30 am till 8 PM. FRiday Ana Saturday. 11 AM to 9 PM. SUnday 11 AM to 8 PM. . Last seating is half our before close. We do lock our doors 15 min before close time to ensure everyone enjoys there dining experience.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been frequenting this spot since May, bringing others as I visit. Since this wonderful spot is so close to my house we are averaging our visits to the restaurant 2-3 times a week! We love it.

I followed Chef Karen from Dock of the Bay as her creations are divine. Her dill pickle soup is really something different. Not overpowering "dill" but a tasteful thick soup. Her creme brûlée desserts are my favourite. She experiments with flavours. Wonderful!
The owner Connie Ure is local. LOVE THAT!! A local eatery that serves fresh food and fresh sauces - never pre-made - all show casing local talent. The eggs Benny that I have for breakfast while I am there have never disappointed me. The Hollandaise sauce is amazing. Thick and buttery with lots of flavour. I was there the same day that the commenter below wrote they got sick on the eggs Benny which is incorrect, if there was something in the sauce then I would have been sick too. I was not.

I also followed Julie from the Dock of the Bay. Being a delight always with a huge smile and hug makes you feel at home at the pretty little spot on the lake. I feel akin to her always making our visits special.

When you mix good people with talent, good music, atmosphere, great food and a patio - you get the perfect summer hang out. I know a few people feel this way as the restaurant is always busy!

Great work everyone!

1  Thank MuskokanBeachBum

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Three for amazing!!! The service outstanding... Choices on the menu awesome... Gluten free friendly!! Thank you thank you!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the time we stepped into the Eatery to the time we left, our experience was excellent.
We sat on a comfy "couch" bench and had our pre-dinner drinks. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, offering suggestions. Three of us had the chicken and one had the ribs. I don't know what sauce was on the chicken but it was to die for. The melon/berry salad was scrumptious. Everyone in the restaurant seemed to be having a wonderful time and everyone craned their necks to see what others had ordered. It was a pleasant mix of locals and visitors. Can't wait to go back, too bad they're situated so far away from home! Ooops, almost forgot the cashew coated cheese bits in our salad.....YUMMY!!!!
Visitors from Orangeville

1  Thank Ann R
Sylvain B, Manager at The Creative Plate Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for stopping in, we really appreciate your comments, can't wait to see you soon

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Like to start by saying we were at North West and vowed we would never be back. We were driving by and noticed a change of hands and thought why not give them a try and we were pleasently suprized with the changes. The place is bright cheery and clean. The color choices and the art were a nice added touch along with the big couch in the centre of the main dining room . Cant wait to try that seat out. The patio has nice comfortable furinture and umbrellas and room to move around you dont feel like your sitting on top of someone.

We were greeted by the girls at the bar with a big smile and we will be with you in a moment and they followed through unlike last year . We were unsure if we wanted inside or out with the breeze so we started inside and then asked to be relocated outside. This was accommodated immediately with no fuss and the place was hopping.

To start my partner and I ordered the special mussels in a garlic cream sauce and they melted in our mouth a garlic bun was provided and we asked for second one to sop up the the remander of the cream sauce. The hand dipped cocunt shrimp with pina colada sauce had me wanting more.

My partner choose the Seafood Pescetori The portion sizes are amamzing and it was only 18.99 The sauce was flavorful and abundant and the seafood was plenty and in big pieces I felt like I was in the islands. I myself had the Stuffed Pork Loin It was stuffed with apples and cranberries and bread stuffing . The pork fell apart and the stuffing melted in my mouth .. i was going to ask for seconds.

We finished the meal with a piece of key lime cheesecake that is made in house and it melted in our mouths.

Will definatly be our new hotspot. Our server was great the food was amazing and we loved the sand bucket as wine coolers nice touch and cant wait to come back!!

Well I am very glad that our meal hit you in all the right places. can't wait to see you again

Reviewed July 7, 2014

With new Management/Ownership this season, here is my assessment. The food has definitely improved. Gone is the fast, tasteless and frozen (probably) food of last year. Replaced by a better menu with mixed results. At our table of four, the results were 50-50 as to liking what was ordered. The area needs restaurants that serve quality foods. We got it. However, the service was not even close to acceptable. We were seated at the worst table in the entire place. Better tables at or near windows became available. We did not get them. We were told by our waitress that a large party (8-10) were being served and that our orders would take a bit longer. The "bit" longer was actually 45 minutes. Part way through our long wait, I asked if they could provide something just to feed two very hungry teens. After a conference with the chef, the answer was NO, but we could buy some bread. The manager/chef did come to our table to justify the poor service and finally offered a comped dessert. I left, feeling that this place needs to understand that part of good service is also to set the expectation level. My expectation level was high, since I had received an email from the new management earlier this year. Today, I have a lower expectation level. Finally, the waitress did a great job. Thanks