“#1 Rated in Ontario?”
Review of Muskoka Bay Club

Muskoka Bay Club
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The views are great from every hole! Many T-decks are elevated, the fairways accepting, the bunkers daunting BUT the greens are IMPOSSIBLE! They're just too tough! You must be a PGA Pro to putt them! Can you say frustrating? Maybe because the Club Championship was held yesterday (WITHOUT ANY WORD OF WARNING TO ME) they were even tougher but sorry … they're TOO TOUGH to putt. Every last ounce of fun wrung out from the punishment you get on those greens. Don't get me wrong … I've played Doug Carrick courses … plenty of them but the greens here? IMPOSSIBLE. It's tough to pay this much in order to feel like a 'duffer' when you know your skill set is better. You can keep the Score Magazine rating … I'll take my business elsewhere! At least if we'd known they were THIS FAST it would have been understandable. Other than the greens … the course is fine. Nice outcroppings … good service. But overall … overrated! #1? No … not really!

All reviews
"muskoka"
in 5 reviews
"fall"

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First the golf course is fantastic. The accomadations left a lot to be desired. We paid $399 for a one night stay a little on the high side. We had to walk over sheets of dirty plywood with a ladder leaning against the wall beside the doorway in order to enter the condo. You would think that spending this much at a high end course you would have a nice view of the course but we looked at the parking lot.I sent an e mail to the rental manager voicing our concerns with NO response at all. Clearly they DON'T care about non members. Not worth the money and I can't see us returning again. There are several golf resorts in the area that may want our business in the future.
Lee & Debbie
Burlington

2  Thank Lee D
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As high end of a place that the Muskoka Bay Club is, I would have expected a better and a well organized place to a have a wedding reception. I was disappointed with the lack of facilities on the main floor for instance, there was only two urinals and one stall for the men and three stalls in the women's washroom. This was for a wedding of around 150 people, clearly not enough washrooms. The dinner and the dance halls were separate, which made for an awkward situation that sort of broke up the atmosphere of the night. Not to mention, having the bar service set up outside and only having two servers made for long line ups while being mangled by mosquitoes made for a less enjoyable time. For the most part the food was solid, very tasty though the portions were crazy small. The poutine bar also a disappointment, who serves poutine to French Canadians with shredded cheddar cheese? I mean, come on, it's got to be curds! Also the gravy has to be hot, steaming hot, not warm!! I know the main focus of the club is to be a golf facility, but in saying that it serves to host many other functions and I believe the Muskoka Bay Club is relying too much on the club's natural beauty and did not plan out well enough for accommodating large functions. The service was friendly and more than helpful. It would be nice to see what the Muskoka Bay Club could be to hosting large functions in the natural beauty of Gravenhurst.