“Nice view, friendly staff”
Review of Dock of the Bay

Dock of the Bay
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Gravenhurst
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh food, Excellent Flavors. Steak, Seafood, Pasta. We are open everyday 11:00 - 11:00 (Seasonal) Last Seating at 9:00PM
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I want to love this restaurant but there is always something just missing the mark with it. The atmosphere is terrific, the staff is friendly and consciences but the food is just ok ,sometimes over cooked and salty I prefer it as a lunch place in the summer because the patio is fantastic but it is a bit pricey for the quality of the meal that you get. You will like it but not love it an honestly it is ambiance that keeps me coming back , they are almost the whole pkg!

1  Thank Redburt88

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ate here on a recent weekend get-away on a Sunday evening. The special was prime rib, which was a good price, but it just didn't have an abundance of flavour. Our cuts were cooked as we requested, but they were bland. The roasted potatoes had no seasoning, but the vegetables were very good.
All in all, it was ok, but I'd try something different if I go back.

1  Thank CoorsGuy
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I decided to check out the local pond hockey tournament at the Wharf today with no intention of having lunch. While there we noticed that Dock Of The Bay was open and the special's for the day were advertised outside. We have always wanted to dine here but were under the impression that it was suitable for a nice dinner setting rather than a quick drink and lunch. We have been to the restaurant next door a couple of times, and besides the view, we were not overly impressed. So we decided to give Dock Of The Bay a try.

When we walked in we were greeted by 3 different staff members who were all incredibly friendly and welcoming. I loved the atmosphere all around. As I mentioned we were just going in for a quick bite to eat and a beer so we decided to order the $0.60 wing special with a side order of fries. We were both blown away when the wings came to the table, they were huge and delicious! Fries included! This was one of the best lunches I've had.

We had a terrific view of the water from our booth and our waitress was incredible. Willing to chat with us about anything we'd asked.

We were so impressed that I wanted to write this review right away! Where can you go for lunch with that view, service and quality of food (including a couple of beers) for $40 bucks including the tip. We will most certainly be back and will be sure to bring our family and friends when they come to visit us here!

Well done Dock Of The Bay - Cheers!

1  Thank Muskoka Ashley H
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Whilst walking in Gravenhurst on the morning 28th Dec with a party of nine aged 9yr to 51yrs we started to feel cold and looked for somewhere to have a warm drink. Most cafe type facilities on the lakeside are closed for the winter but we found the Dock of the Bay open. It is a bar/restaurant but we sent someone in to see if they would be happy with nine people drinking coffee. The first person we encountered was the chef who invited us straight in. All the staff are welcoming and even after we had managed to spill a drink they still made us feel welcome. Generous with top up and refills. Had we been staying longer in town we would have returned for a meal.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Dock of the Bay once again proved to be a very nice place for a "superior casual" dinner in Gravenhurst. Good food and service - and we were not even sure it was going to be open on a Sunday night. Fairly good wine list. A great option in the area, and not only because it is at the wharf, any time of the year.

1  Thank Canexpats