“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch and were extremely disappointed. I had the quiche of the day figuring that if they had one everyday it must be good. I was so disappointed 1. because it was so small 2. I think they forgot to season it at all. It was the most bland broccoli and cheese quiche I have ever tasted. My husband had the pulled pork special which was good (luckily because I had to finish it because I was still hungry) but nothing special. His fries were so over salted that it was a good thing we ordered a pitcher of water!
The waitress was there, not overly friendly or anything special. The service was very middle of the road. I was really expecting more from the prices, or is this another restaurant taking advantage of Southern Ontario visitor's money?

2  Thank 1awesome1
M K, Owner at The Farmer's Plate, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry for your negative experiances with the quiche and the service, and all issues have been adressed.
We DO NOT take an advantage of "Southern Ontario Visitors" as you call them, and our prices are current with todays market. It might be a surprise for many but we do not get our products for free!!! We have to shop as everyone else.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

On a recent trip to Gravenhurst we "discovered" this restaurant. What a pleasant suprise to have the best rib supper i have ever had anywhere in my travels , in this small "gateway to the muskokas" town . There was no need or desire to eat anywhere else during our stay. The owners and staff were over-the-top friendly and helpful. You get what they advertise all the time ( great home cooking) and the menu specials vary constantly. If you travel to Gravenhurst dont pass this eating experience up.

Brian and Cella
( PS loved the drawn padlock on the take out container)

Hello Brian and Cella, it was such a pleasure to have you at the restaurant and we hope to see you in the future. We are glad we could make your stay in Gravenhurst that much better.
M&M

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I take friends and family to the Farmer's Plate often and always have a great food experience. Staff are friendly and attentive. Real food (I.e. not frozen or pre-cooked and warmed up) takes a while to make and we find it is always worth it. The daily specials often offer something new to us or dishes that are becoming old favourites. The BBQ pork ribs, for example. We really notice the difference a commitment to locally-sourced, fresh ingredients makes to our taste buds. Local, in-season fish is a favourite as well! Thanks to the owners for providing an alternative to impersonal, commited-to-mediocrity-chains and making a go of running a superb resto. Kudos!

Thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy having you at our restaurant.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great food and service
tasty food and presentation
Limited hours and varied closing time confusing
close to the motel

Thank you fot your comments. We do have our hours posted on the door now.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I have enjoyed many meals at the Farmer's Plate and have loved every single one. The food is wonderful and you know that you are receiving a meal that is made fresh with all natural ingredients. The staff are very friendly and we have always been served promptly. The restaurant is a great addition to the town and we highly recommend you try it. The food is amazing!!

Thank you for you review. Hope to serve you soon.