“Elements”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just finished our meal at Elements at Taboo Resort. Our service was absolutely excellent, we could not have been happier. The food was excellent and came out at a perfect pace. We would recommend this place to everyone! We were there Oct 15,2012.

There are newer reviews for Taboo Resort Restaurant

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at Taboo for 3 nights recently and enjoyed the resort but not the food. We ate at the Boathouse for dinner and was disappointed. The atmosphere was pretty with a view of the lake. We had the Clubhouse (burnt bread and overcooked chicken) and the Burger (again overcooked and dry). For the prices Taboo charges it was definitely not worth it. The Caesar salad and fries weren't too bad. I would recommend the short drive into Gravenhurst for meals (Sunset Grill, Boston Pizza, Dock by the Bay). We did not try the Elements restaurant at Taboo as we were not aware of the enforced dress code prior to arriving.

1  Thank rambotaz
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at Taboo resort 19th to 22nd June. It is an upscale place, which means upscale prices. We knew this ahead of time and made a decision to eat at least one meal in the main restaurant. We celebrated a birthday.

The food, as expected was very good. I had the eggs florentine and my wife had blueberry flaxceed pancakes. We split our meals with each other to get the taste for both dishes.

Like I said, the meal was very good, but a little on the pricey side, which one must accept if eating at a place like this. I would like to have had some homefries to help fill me up, but the menu did not include them with the meal, like most restaurants do. I was smart enough to order extra toast in order to fill the void.

Note: we also had a drink at the main lobby bar to celebrate that birthday. I had a shot of McCallans 18 yr old scotch to go with my beer. I am not complaining as it did not matter how much it cost, but beware, one shot of this fine whiskey was $20. Way out of my league.

1  Thank jcook7
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We visited the Taboo Resort restaurant with friends. Absolutely brilliant :)

Excellent food
Excellent staff
Great location

1  Thank Canadauk2012
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Elements is the fine dining restaurant in the Taboo resort. It is expansive and has many tables overlooking Lake Muskoka. The food was good on one occasion, but bad on the second.The prices are sky high for this area$250. for two with a bottle of wine. The wine mark up is high too. You start with a bread basket and then an amuse bouche The upscale romaine salad(Caesar) and the seared scallops were excellent. Our mains were slightly overcooked and too salty, but still tasty. The view is wonderful, especially at sunset. We remember coming here for their culinary theatre a couple of years ago and it was much better. We had their chocolate sampler desert, and at $20we felt cheated, three tiny pieces of desert,not enough for a rabbit. Service was smooth and efficient. It was hard to rate this place and we felt it was hit and miss.

2  Thank george b