“Don't be fooled” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gravenhurst
Ottawa, Canada
“Don't be fooled”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had booked two nights here for a wedding and having never been to Gravenhurst we had to go by the pictures on the website. Lets just say our accommodations were sub par at best. The room was dirty and run down and the location and clientele of this motel is sketchy. The only positive comment I have is the view of the lake. We literally checked in, opened the door and checked out. We were forced to pay for a single night based on their cancellation policy but I had to fight to get that much. There was a definite language barrier and by that point I was more then happy to pay the single night to get out of there. I don't usually follow up with reviews but I made a point in this case because the reviews on here are misleading in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Chris S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
niagara falls ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband, myself and our four children have been coming to the Pinedale Inn for six years. They offer family suites with a kitchenette - perfect for families. The balcony overlooks a breathtaking view of a beautiful park like setting and a lake. We enjoy fishing, sitting by the docks and feeding the chipmonks. We also play basketball, pingpong and enjoy their heated pool. Within five minutes is restaurants, grocery stores and souvenir shopping. We also enjoy the Muskoka Wildlife Center - its not only fun but educational as well. The owners are very pleasant and helpful. This is a very peaceful and relaxing place to come for a mini vacation and we look forward to coming every year. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the yard and lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank funtotravel66
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had stayed here one night during the Victoria day long weekend. It is right next to the lake and you even get to enjoy watching the sun set.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lake view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AIftek
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed here with my family last summer, and was quite happy with the grounds, the rooms and the price. Love having a kitchenette and the view was awesome. Our room had a huge picture window so we could either sit on the balcony or inside the room and enjoy the beauty of the Lake. Everything was fine until the owner/operator got angry at his wife in front of everyone and was treating her like a second-class citizen. Other guests noticed and were immediately turned off. He also has a problem with children, even though this is advertised as child-friendly. He was getting really impatient with guests who had children at the pool area. When we went for a swim at 9am the next day, he told us not to forget that check out was at 11am. I told him I didn't need a reminder, and that just left a bad taste. I would definitely come here again if run by different people. Although his wife and children were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the motel entrance have the best views of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank SammyJo72
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed in the two-bedroom unit when we needed to be in Gravenhurst overnight on a weekend in November. We were pleased to find this - it offered a 2-bedroom with kitchenette and living room for $110. I had read some not-so-flattering reviews of chain hotels in the area and opted for this instead, and I feel I made the right choice. My contact with staff was very minimal as they were friendly and efficient and got us checked in very quickly. This is obviously a family operation as when we checked out I went to the office where a little girl who appeared to be less than 10 politely accepted my return of the room key :)

The room has a very nice view of Gull Lake through the trees and has a balcony overlooking same. Of course, a rainy November weekend isn't really conducive to enjoying something like this, but one can tell it would be very beautiful in the Summer.

Furnishings were pretty utilitarian as opposed to luxurious...but one wouldn't expect much luxury at this price. What we DID want was quiet and clean, and Pinedale scored well on both counts. It was also very convenient to the center of town, being just a 2 or 3 minute drive.

The only negative I noticed was that the window blinds are translucent rather than opaque, and the bright parking lot light on the non-lake side (where my bedroom was) left the room not as dark for sleeping as I like (the bedroom on the lake side was pitch dark). Pretty minor quibble though. The bathroom was very clean and, unlike in many motels, there were no problems with the plumbing or showerhead etc.

Room Tip: 3-bedroom and family units were also offered. This seems to be a pretty good budget alternative to a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank UsuallyRentsaCottage
Ontario's Near North, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here Sept 9-11th. It is a pretty nice motel but certainly not like the pictures on the website....where they got the pics from I have no idea? But it is a good deal for the price. We had a family suite, it had a mini kitchen with all utensils, fridge, stove, microwave, dishes etc. A queen sized bed in the main room with a small t.v. and a seperate bedroom with two single beds. It came to 203.00 including tax for the two nights.
There was a balcony with a view of the lake which was beautiful !! I only wish there had been nice chairs to sit on instead of cheap plastic ones that looked like they had seen much better days. also it would have been nice to be able to go to and sit at the lake, but there was not one chair in their lovely back lot. The property needs to be taken better care of, but certainly has potential to be very nice and hopefully they will fix it up a bit more. Beds really need some updating. Mine was not comfortable at all.
There were a couple of barbeques in the parking lot that any of the units can use.
There are no restaurants nearby (except McDonalds, boston pizza) so we drove to Bracebridge for our dinners each night. Of all the good and bad about this place I do think I would stay there again. Hope for some improvements in the future :)

Room Tip: All rooms looked like they had a great view of the lake !!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lisaiz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravenhurst
Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Quality Inn
#2 of 10 in Bracebridge
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Patterson Kaye Resort by Regalton

Been to Pinedale Inn? Share your experiences!