“Relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gravenhurst
Taboo Muskoka Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gravenhurst
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Service was great - Brandon at lobby was very helpful and ensured we had everything we needed. Spa treatment was friendly and relaxing - good value for money. Room was modern, clean, and beautiful - had a great view.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cstewa05
Yannis P, General Manager at Taboo Muskoka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Taboo with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and hope you will be back again.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Taboo Resort in Gravenhurst is great fun for the whole family.

The Activities Staff did an amazing job keeping parents as well as kids entertained.

Their outdoor winter sports program included skating, shiny hockey, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, hiking and more.

The resort is easy to get around and staff are very helpful and friendly.

The food at the Pub was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a condo unit and it was very spacious, comfortable beds, close to all amenities and nic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank L1234567

Dear Guest

Thank you for joining us over the first winter season that we’ve been open in almost 10 years. We are glad that the whole family enjoyed themselves and the many activities that we offered. I hope that you can make it back during the summer months to try out some of our waterfront activities as well.

Thanks again and hope to see you all soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Once again we visited Taboo. After missing a year because of date conflicts, we returned this year for our 8th annual Denis Masse Invitational atTaboo. The experience although interrupted by snow on our first day, was nothing short of excellent. The staff was a usual friendly and helpful and the service was as expected and above par. The changes made to the Fireside Pub add a nice touch to the experience.

Congrats to Ryan (and his staff), Wendy and Charlene for another outstanding 2 day events. We are looking froward to next year already!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Habsfan56

I am glad to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay and didn’t let the snow get you down. I’ll be sure to let the staff you mentioned above know that they played a key part in making your stay another memorable one.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just visited Taboo with my Mother for a Mother's Day Treat. It was absolutely wonderful.

First stop was at the brand new spa. It is perfectly appointed, well designed and clean and crisp. The treatment rooms were fantastic. The all organic product line was excellent. I just loved my 2 hours of treatments and the service was top notch.

Next we headed for lunch at Elements with a window seat looking at Lake Muskoka. The dining room is very nicely designed, comfortable, has great views with lots of windows and most excellent service. The food was perfect. The menu includes Gluten Free, Vegan and Raw choices. Very well received!

We check into our 2 bedroom suite, complete with kitchenette, livingroom and fireplace....and a balcony! ... all of this looking at the lake. I believe this room might be the best in the resort. Book room #601.

We had a nice walk around the resort and along the beach. There are also mapped trails for walking.

Dinner was fantastic. The sunset was the icing on the cake. Again the service was superb.

The beds were soooo comfortable! I had the most dreamy sleep.

Another meal for Mother's Day Brunch and it was great. Oysters, omelettes, roasts, smoked fish, salads and more.

We really loved Taboo and all of the friendly and hard working staff. I highly recommend a stay here. I wish we had another night!

Room Tip: Room #601 is the best!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

We wish you had another night too! Thank you for joining us to celebrate mother’s day! I am happy to hear that you had a great sleep on our new beds and that you enjoyed the menu choices as well as the buffet brunch. We do hope that you will join us again next year (or sooner)!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a spectacular resort. My husband and I were looking for a getaway with lakefront views, and Taboo has that and then some. We stayed on a romantic getaway package in a 4th floor premier king room that appeared to sit on Lake Muskoka. A private balcony with Muskoka chairs offered the perfect setting for whiling away morning coffee & tea. The overall decor of the resort is stunning; a soothing blend of organic colours in a surprisingly contemporary atmosphere. The feel is very organic and luxuriously comfortable, by no means cold or harsh. The staff are there to please and accomodate any wants and wishes. We ate breakfast and dinner at Elements, the dining room again with spectacular lake views climaxing with sunsets that went on forever. The menus are outstanding including choices for GF and V - again the staff are exceptional in knowledge and service. Warm and accomodating, there was nothing stiff or starchy about them. We wanted to avoid the crowds of high season and were blessed with glorious weather so we were able to enjoy the 8kms of trails as well. I can't say enough about Taboo, we'll be back for the fall colours without a doubt!

Room Tip: The premier rooms offer a little more privacy. Lakeview is the way to go as well as 4th floor. My...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui M

Dear Jacqui

Thank you for posting your review! We are happy to hear that you were able to come during our off season and enjoy the quiet and relaxing atmosphere that you and your husband crave. The trails are amazing and now we even have a new naturalist on-board that will be able to go out with you in the fall for a bird watching tour or even astronomy class.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back in time for the brilliant fall colours.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Though I travel a lot I have never placed a review here before.
After spending only 2 nights at Taboo Resort from April 19-21, 2013 there was Nooo way that I could not describe the experience that is Taboo. If you are "considering" staying here, STOP considering and please book it right away! You will not be disappointed for a second!

1. The resort is so breathtakingly beautiful you will literally want to just find a spot to sit and just stare at the beauty that surrounds you everywhere you look. The lake is gorgeous and if you book a premier lake front room you will have a full view of the lake every time you look out the window. The décor throughout the entire resort is beautifully cool yet warm and contemporary with colours that just make you feel rich and cozy at the same time.
No detail has been left out in this resort in regard to style and opulence.

2. The newly designed spa was opened in August 2012 and as an avid spa goer, I can say that this is probably my favourite spa experience ever! The décor is unbelievable! You feel like royalty and the staff are soooo amazing!! You feel like you are the resorts only guest and most important priority. The girls where all soo friendly and very obviously enjoy working with Taboos Spa.
The services were very well delivered and the cost extremely competive.. I didn't even blink at any of the cost of services ( except the spa manicure;) this might want to be considered by management as a possibility of lowering a bit :) )
Don't even second guess booking some services during your stay. You will feel sooo good after. :)

3. As a personal fitness trainer, I always head to the gym facilities at the hotel I stay at. I was very very impressed with the set up of Taboo fitness room and the functional equipment that it contained. Amazing!! Also, top line Life Fitness Cardio equipment and some of the newest most interesting and easy to use functional based pulley systemed "machines"

4.The food... everything! everything was incredible. I ate at the featured Elements restaurant for dinner and was continually surprised by the whole experience. The staff are the best I have seen in any restaurant ever and two different managers came to our table to chat, talk about where we were from.. were we enjoying our stay.. can they do anything at all to enhance our time within the resort... they were incredible..The view was perfect.. like something from a dream... amazing looking out at the lake as the sun spread a line of light directly across from us... the trees were still bare so we could see the entire lake clearly..
The food... unbelievable... the chef sent over a few extra little things to try that he was experimenting with and even those items were delicious.. everything we tried was amazing.. I would actually do the hour and a half drive each way if only to walk the resort and finish a beautiful walk with a meal at Elements Restaurant.

4. The Staff.... unparallel!!!... My family and I travel a lot and have been to Disney World staying in their highest rated 5 star resorts 14 times over the past 12 years and I have Never experienced the quality of staff that Taboo retains... They are all sooo friendly and helpful you almost feel like it can't be real... They obviously very much enjoy working at Taboo because faking that level of happy energy can not be done over so many staff members. Everyone from the young girl that brought me a mini fridge my first night to the front check in concierge, restaurant and spa staff... absolutely incredible. When I filled out a survey about my stay.. it asked if I could point out a certain staff member that made my stay extra special.... I just couldn't cuz I couldn't remember that many names!!
The manager of this resort Ken Macnab spoke with me personally following a followup call regarding my stay... it is obvious to me why the staff are so amazing and happy... Ken is a very open, friendly and super positive person and was lovely to speak with.

Overall,,, Don't even hesitate booking Taboo... stop wasting your time pursuing other options....
Just book Taboo.. you will create amazing memories that you will always think back on with joy:)

Room Tip: Book the Premier Lakefront rooms :) Gorgeous view of the entire lake!! Amazing contemporary room wi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shelley

What can I say other than WOW! Thank you so much for this amazing review. They say that hard work and dedication pay off and your review is proof. My staff were ecstatic to read your review and couldn’t be happier that their hard work is recognized by guests.
I can’t tell you how appreciative we are for your kind words and praise. Thank you again and we hope you and your family will be back for many years to come.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our company held a week long conference at Taboo April 8th-12th 2013
I have stayed in many resorts worldwide, and must say I really thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Taboo. Our one week conference went exceptionally well. A very organized upscale environment. The accommodation and food was top notch.
Special thanks to the Resort's coordinator and the very friendly, professional culinary service staff in the Fireside Allen, Diane and Paul who accommodated all our needs.
Our room was very modern, clean and elegant in every way. I love to play golf so would like to return when the weather gets a bit warmer to spend a weekend to play a few rounds. I would definitely return to this resort and would highly recommend to anyone looking for superb getaway from the city. This trip was a business trip and hope to make the next trip a family getaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Yannis P, General Manager at Taboo Muskoka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Shelley

Thank you for posting your review, we loved having your group onsite and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our conference and culinary staff that helped make your stay a memorable and most enjoyable one. I look forward to welcoming you back in the warmer weather for some great golf and summer activities with your family!

Many thanks

Yannis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravenhurst
Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf
Howard Johnson Inn - Gravenhurst
Stone Gate Inn
Stone Gate Inn
#1 of 14 in Orillia

Been to Taboo Muskoka Resort? Share your experiences!