“Low Key Leisure”
Review of Muskoka Shores

Muskoka Shores
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gravenhurst
Muskoka Shores
Ranked #6 of 10 Gravenhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My partner and I stayed one night at this B&B at the last minute while driving though cottage country. The location is perfect: right on the shores of Muskoka Lake, with a beautiful view, accessible swimming, firepit, and many comfy chairs to lounge around in for the day or night. The B&B is close to Gravenhurst, so you could easily go in for dinner or to shop. The hosts have an adorable cat named Calvin who is very friendly and likes to cuddle.

We stayed upstairs in one of the loft rooms. The room was small but fairly comfortable and very clean. I would recommend the master suite on the main floor which has a private bath and walkout to the deck with a gorgeous view of the lake. The two upstairs rooms have a shared bathroom with no view of the lake, and are a little on the small side for me.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious: lots of options, great coffee, and not rushed. We stayed and chatted with our hosts and the other guests, without feeling like we needed to leave. As a vegetarian, I sometimes feel that I don't have many options when I go out to eat, but our hosts had lots of variety on the menu and I had a great breakfast.

I would recommend this B&B for a quiet couple who enjoys an early evening and some nice company of friendly hosts. The common areas are shared by all which was a little too close for me, but that is really what a B&B is all about. It is very quiet, so if you are looking for a way to disconnect for a couple days, this is your place! No TV, DVD, or internet makes for a nice, quiet night. It was a very relaxing stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed with Lynne and Dave in July and it was a great experience! We were looking for a place to relax in the lake district north of Toronto, but the area around lake Muskoka mainly offers high-end resorts. Fortunately we found this great B&B, which combined the luxuries of a top room in a resort with the charm and the affordability of a B&B. In addition, this B&B turned out to be exceptionally charming!

The location is lovely, just on the lake and a couple of kilometres from Gravenhurst. The view from the sundeck is truly spectacular, and there is peace and quiet all around. When we stayed there the water was a bit too cool for my taste, but we could jump right in from the boathouse. The town of Gravenhurst offers all sorts of shops and things to do, and there are quite a few other towns in the area. The lake itself offers lot of water sport activities. All around there are great restaurants to be found.

We stayed in the master room, which offers great views as the lakeside wall mainly consists of glass; this makes for beautiful sunrises. The room itself is quite big and features an excellent bed and nice decorations. In addition, the bathroom not only offers a shower, but a nice jacuzzi as well!

Each day started out with a fabulous home made breakfast, where we usually ended up having nice conversations with Lynne, Dave and the other guests. I believe that this is what B&B's are all about, and we certainly enjoyed it very much. Lynne and Dave are extremely helpful and friendly, and they made us feel very welcome.

In short: this is a fabulous B&B, and if you are looking for a place to stay on lake Muskoka, this is the place!

Maribelle and Otto