My fiance and I stayed at the Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf this past weekend for a quick getaway from the city.
No issues whatsoever at check-in, and got exactly what I had reserved (one-bedroom, lakeview suite). The suite itself was fantastic - extremely clean and well equipped. The fact that this hotel is fairly new really shows, and it is obviously well kept.
The lakeview left a little to be desired (it was mostly parking lot) but I was prepared for that from reading other reviews. We also both found the bed to be a bit uncomfortable, but again, that may be a personal preference thing. Certainly nothing fundamentally wrong with it.
Our room was at the end of the hall next to a stairwell, and we did hear the door to the stairwell every time it shut, though this didn't affect the quality of our stay at all. I got excellent service from the staff - I was making dinner in our room on Saturday night and called the front desk to ask if there was an extra cookie sheet available and one was promptly brought to my door.
The included breakfast was great too, and the free wifi was a nice bonus.
The hotel's location truly is right on the wharf, though, which is great. The lake was entirely frozen, and covered in a foot of snow (courtesy of Friday's snowstorm). It was great fun to wander out into the bay for a different perspective on the wharf.
The wharf was busy this weekend with a pond hockey tournament and a pile of snowmobilers taking advantage of the frozen lake. It made for good entertainment.
Overall, we had a great weekend and hope to go back up in the summer to see a whole different side of Gravenhurst!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf is the newest of Muskoka hotels and is situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Muskoka. Our Gravenhurst hotel's location is perfect for business and leisure travel, offering proximity to Muskoka's most iconic destinations and attractions. When you stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka, you have Lake Muskoka's sea adventures, Muskoka shopping and dining, and beautiful Muskoka Wharf at your availability. You also have easy access to nearby Muskoka Boat & Heritage Center, Hardy Lake's hiking trails, Santa's Village, Muskoka Bay Club golfing, and more. Our all-suite hotel in Muskoka provides complimentary breakfast, high-speed Internet access, and pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf Hotel Gravenhurst
- Residence Inn By Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf Muskoka District