“Always seems to be good here!”
Review of Ricky's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“Always seems to be good here!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We needed a quick stop lunch and we got it here. Service was prompt and friendly and the bacon cheddar burger with fries and gravy were delicious.

Visited January 2012

Chemainus, Canada
“Good meeting place but just average food.”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The food here is average but dependable. In other words when you order something you can pretty much know what you are going to get there will be no surprises.

Visited November 2011
Vancouver Island
“Just average”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I went to Ricky's yesterday for brunch. My wife had eggs Benedict, which she found "not bad". I had fish and chips, which is something I doubt very much I will ever eat again at that place. The chips were OK but I found the cod tasteless and oily. If I ever go back, I will definitely eat something different.

The service was pleasant and the place was clean. The portions were also adequate. We paid $57 (including taxes) for 4 people.

In short, Ricky's is and average restaurant, but there are better options in the area. The Frog and Puddle Cafe in Cedar (about 1 km from the Cassidy airport heading towards Nanaimo, at the right side of Highway 1) would have been a much better choice both regarding the quality of the food and the service. Unfortunately, it was closed yesterday.

• Visited January 2012
Chemainus, Canada
“Right down the middle...exactly what I expected at Ricky's.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The title says it all. Everyone was pleasant which was nice though.

here
“Very poor service”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Too bad this place has such a monopoly in family fare in the Ladysmith area, because their waitresses are really good at making the experience a bad one. Had an uncle who paid with his credit card, when she brought his receipt back he found out he'd been charged without a discount he was supposed to get - when he told them to fix it he was told that it was "too late" and they weren't able to fix it - seriously? As for me, I've had orders brought wrong and then been accused of lying when I say it's not what I asked for. The food isn't too bad, although I will say the Ricky's chain has a weird habit of letting people get used to one menu and then changing it completely - seemingly offering less selection every time. Really, for what they offer, when I want a decent 'family restaurant' type meal I tend to just drive out of town, to Nanaimo or Chemainus or Duncan.

• Visited June 2011