“Very poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ricky's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ricky's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
here
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Too bad this place has such a monopoly in family fare in the Ladysmith area, because their waitresses are really good at making the experience a bad one. Had an uncle who paid with his credit card, when she brought his receipt back he found out he'd been charged without a discount he was supposed to get - when he told them to fix it he was told that it was "too late" and they weren't able to fix it - seriously? As for me, I've had orders brought wrong and then been accused of lying when I say it's not what I asked for. The food isn't too bad, although I will say the Ricky's chain has a weird habit of letting people get used to one menu and then changing it completely - seemingly offering less selection every time. Really, for what they offer, when I want a decent 'family restaurant' type meal I tend to just drive out of town, to Nanaimo or Chemainus or Duncan.

• Visited June 2011