“Sailing Adventure with my children”

The Ocean Beckons Gulf Islands Charter
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The trip today with John was a great adventure for my children and I. John took the time to teach the children all about sailing and had them participating in every aspect of it. As sailing is one of my own passions it was amazing to watch John get all of my children enthused about it as well. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our Family of 4 spent 2 weeks discovering the area around Chemainus. One of the "Highlights" was going on a 5 hr Charter with Captain John. He is a very knowledgeable and interesting Man who is glad to answer any Sailing or other inquiry about the area. We were all invited to take the wheel at any time and were allowed to assist in setting and dropping sails etc. My 11 year old Son must of sailed for 3 of the hrs and I'm Happy to report is "Hooked On Sailing!" Our Boat anchored in a "Beautiful" protected spot for lunch where we observed Wildlife and talked about Life and living in the area! Once Home Captain John sent us Beautiful pictures of our trip along with a GPS map of where we actually sailed during our excursion. I have charted many 3 hr Sailing Adventures however this was definitely the Best value for what one receives! We will do it again upon our return!

2  Thank Rob R
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I arrived in Nanaimo airport August 6th, met by Captain John Dul and driven the short distance to Ladysmith and his boat, "Bateau Du Vent" (Boat of the Wind), a beautiful 11 metre vessel. After an evening of preparation and celebration, they had a welcome to Ladysmith BBQ for me; we departed early on the 7th.

I was onboard until the evening of the 13th, sailing in and around Wallace, Prevost & Russell Islands. We anchored on Salt Spring for 2 days at Ganges and I attended a couple of music events, picked loads of blackberries and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Captain John was patient, well schooled with safety in ind at all times. I was allowed to guide the boat any time I wished under his watchful eye. We had 4 great sailing days at speeds up to 6 knots.

The experience was relaxing, exhilarating and safe as one could possible imagine. I highly recommend The Ocean Beckons to anyone seeking an experience they will never forget off the West Coast of Canada.

Did I mention we saw Killer Whales the morning we were anchored in Conover Cove off of Wallace Island? WOW!

3  Thank Donn L