“The Spectacular Gulf Islands Made More Spectacular by Sail” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Ocean Beckons Gulf Islands Charter
Calgary
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“The Spectacular Gulf Islands Made More Spectacular by Sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I arrived in Nanaimo airport August 6th, met by Captain John Dul and driven the short distance to Ladysmith and his boat, "Bateau Du Vent" (Boat of the Wind), a beautiful 11 metre vessel. After an evening of preparation and celebration, they had a welcome to Ladysmith BBQ for me; we departed early on the 7th.

I was onboard until the evening of the 13th, sailing in and around Wallace, Prevost & Russell Islands. We anchored on Salt Spring for 2 days at Ganges and I attended a couple of music events, picked loads of blackberries and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Captain John was patient, well schooled with safety in ind at all times. I was allowed to guide the boat any time I wished under his watchful eye. We had 4 great sailing days at speeds up to 6 knots.

The experience was relaxing, exhilarating and safe as one could possible imagine. I highly recommend The Ocean Beckons to anyone seeking an experience they will never forget off the West Coast of Canada.

Did I mention we saw Killer Whales the morning we were anchored in Conover Cove off of Wallace Island? WOW!

Visited August 2012