“A wonderful reprieve in a sea of deep fried!”
Review of Salt Shaker Deli

Salt Shaker Deli
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were delighted to discover this sweet little place during our travels through NS. Fresh, good quality and absolutely delicious! The service was excellent despite it being a very busy day for them. Would certainly return again.

There are newer reviews for Salt Shaker Deli

Reviewed June 30, 2014

That is, I forgot much of what my friends and I ate there. The Lobster Mac N Cheese was so heavenly, it is all I can remember! I do remember sitting on the deck, enjoying the view and some kind of blueberry cocktail but if you get the chance, you have to try the Lobster Mac!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Salt Shaker is best known for it's One Pound of Mussels and a Pint! The owner explained that early spring is the best time to catch the mussels that are caught daily. . This delightful deli welcomes you with smiles, aromas of wafting cooking mussels and their award winning Seafood chowder. My first visit was in the Spring of 2011.

When I was presented my mussels with the pint of beer, I thought I would be hungry. I delved in ....already my senses were responding enveloping me warm sensations of delight. You may choose an array 8 mussels selections from the menu. I choose the Garlic & Cream •Steamed in White Wine. The delicate morsels surrounded my palate to ultimate perfection washed down by a local ale. Be sure to ask your server for extra serviettes, you won't want to miss any drops!! The ambiance is lovely, clean and welcoming and you might strike up a conversation with a local or two.

The menu choices varied and lovely, perfect after a day of touring the local events.

The Salt Shaker and Deli is like a home away from home. I can't wait to get back to beloved Nova Scotia.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I ended up here by accident after trying to go to Magnolia's on a day they were closed, and everything we had was outstanding, from the chowder, to the pizzas, to dessert! We will be back on our next trip to Lunenburg for sure!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went for lunch & had very good chowder. I came for the seafood linguini but found that it was only available for supper.
A gaggle of No RVs signs had me leaving the town so I never got to try the linguini.