“Refused a copy of my bill”
Review of Magnolia's Grill

Magnolia's Grill
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nova scotia, Canada
“Refused a copy of my bill”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

Recently we visited this Cafe. The regular cook was off, we had to wait 2 hours for our food, one child got a hamburger, one adult got chowder. The others got the special of the day.

Being upset upon leaving, by mistake I punched in a $20.00 tip on my debit card. I requested a refund. Was turned down.

I requested a copy of my bill by email the following day, and was refused. I questioned the $140.00 which with tip now amounted to $160.00.

I got no cooperation from management whatsoever.

Needless to say, the visit was a very unpleasant part of our day.

I would not recommend this eatery.

3 Thank Enlightened1

St. Catharines, Canada
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We visited Magnolia's Grill on a Monday, arrived at about 5:30 pm, and were seating at the last table available - a nice little booth. Service was efficient, and the decor is quite interesting. Lots of salt and pepper shakers and Lunenburg memorabilia covering the walls. The food was simply delicious! I ordered the fish cakes with a side Caesar salad. The fish cakes were accompanied by a rhubarb chutney which was out of this world. Hubby and son both had burgers. Great lemonade, a nice glass of wine, and beer were our beverages. Their famous key lime pie made a wonderful end to our meal. I thought, for the quality of the food, the total tab at $52.00 incl. tax was very reasonable.

1 Thank ruby2sday
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
“All it's cracked up to be!”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This is a wonderful place that is great for lunch or a casual dinner. The food is excellent, the place has a homey feel, and it's very reasonable. It's no wonder people wait for hours to get in at times (high tourist season). I'm not sure I'd wait hours (because I'm not terribly patient), but I would put Magnolia's down as a "must visit" if there isn't a long line and definitely have the key lime pie!

1 Thank Foodanista
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best meal I've had in a...”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Best meal I've had in a very long time...aged balsamic, aparagus, goat cheese...and to top it all off the most fantastic keylime pie *drool*

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
canterbury
“quirky little restaurant”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Really enjoyed our meal at this little restaurant. Quite a limited menu, but really good freshly cooked food and very reasonably priced. Enjoy.

1 Thank chittenden