“Decent Lunch at the Magnolia”
Review of Magnolia's Grill - CLOSED

Magnolia's Grill
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stopped into the Magnolia to get a bite to eat while driving along the Lighthouse Route. It is a very nice place to eat with lots of charm and atmosphere. The menu is diverse with a lot of interesting offerings. We opted for the burger and I had the ceasar salad. The food was good and fresh. The burger was nicely grilled and comments about how good the bun was were made during the meal. The salad was good, nothing fantastic but good. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I went for dinner but we couldn't eat too much at lunch or spoil our dinner later. The waitress went out of her way to find me sugar substitute as they don't seem to stock it in the restaurant which was strange to me (she had two yellows in her purse that she gave me, extra tip for the waitress). Neat salt and pepper shakers on each table and throughout the restaurant. Would try again for dinner!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent meal in this cozy little restaurant. Love the photos on the wall of celebrities who have dined here. Calamari was very special and the fish cakes were the best in Lunenburg in my opinion. Not very large, so a reservation is often very important here.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

When reserving a table for seven the woman on the phone said "the table's kinda small, so pardon me for asking but are you big people or little people" - quite endearing! All of us small bummed folks had a great meal with friendly service that you'd expect from this town.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We weren't sure where to eat in Lunenburg and stumbled across Magnolia's - what a delight! We had fish cakes and scallops and they were absolutely the best we've ever had! The bread was wonderful, the salad dressing was incredible - no complaints about anything! I wish we lived closer to go more often!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had the Lobster Linguine and Mussel Linguine and both were delicious! Meal started with warm, freshly made bread. Glad we didn't get appetizers because the serving size was large and it was so good we ate every bite! The only fault that we had was that they didn't carry Nova Scotia wines, which we had really enjoyed throughout the province.