“Incredible”

Fleur de Sel
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This place is seasonally closed. It will reopen in MAY 11, 2017.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Incredible”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The best meal we had in Nova Scotia. The food, the atmosphere and the service were all outstanding. Felt like formal dining, but relaxed setting. Their attention to detail in the food and the restaurant did not go unnoticed. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Visited September 2012

“Treat yourself to a memorable meal”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

A group of friends and I drove through the night across Nova Scotia, from Annapolis Royal to Lunenberg specifically to dine at Fleur de Sel on the last night of my Canadian vacation. On this, my second trip to FDS, all 5 of us ordered a different entree. All entrees were flavorful and well prepared. I've had two lobster entrees prepared differently there and both were tasty and tender. Service was attentive but not overly so and the setting is a beautiful old converted home. Lunenberg is a must see in Nova Scotia and dinner at Fleur de Sel the perfect way to end your day there.

1 Thank MemereNancy
Sayulita
“Superb!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We finally got to go to Fleur de Sel, having missed it last time we were here in June. Fortunately there was one table available on the bar side, and it suited us perfectly. To say "bar side" doesn't do the room justice as it's just as beautiful and intimate as the main dining room. We began with a complementary plate of salt cod spread, black olive tapenade with excellent bread and butter. A perfect amuse-bouche. Then on to a shared plate of melt in your mouth foie gras. One of the largest portions I've ever had, and we were glad to be splitting it. I then had "veal two ways". Two double chops (that's four chops) as well as crispy sweetbreads. The vegetables and sauces which came with the dish were outstanding, as was the entire plate. My partner had steak frites, cooked perfectly rare. We were too full to even consider dessert, which gives us a reason to back again!

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food, but don't eat outside”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I would give Fleur de Sel an excellent rating based on the food. We went here to celebrate my birthday, and my food (Beef Tenderloin) was great. (My wife would be less generous as they didn't cook her lamb properly the first time and had to do it again). A little pricey, but it is high-end dining for Lunenburg. The wine selection was also very good, and the deserts were fabulous. What was disappointing was what they called the outside patio. I was looking forward to fine outside dining on my birthday, but instead felt like I was eating at a Home Depot patio set. Not to mention that ants were everywhere (as my wife got a number of bites). I wish I had chosen an inside table.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank FastEddieHay
Winnipeg, Canada
“A gem located in a jewel of a town!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fantastic menu and even better staff. The restaurant is small so PLEASE make a reservation. Portions appear small... But you will not leave hungry! The flavours of the dishes are amazing. The foie gras appetizer builds flavour upon flavour. A must try!

• Visited September 2012