“Rainy day in lunenburg ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dockside Inn & Restaurant

The Dockside Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston, Canada
“Rainy day in lunenburg ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a pleasant meal with a nice harbour view . The atmosphere is casual with very friendly staff. The seafood chowder had a nice broth with lots of seafood. My lobster sandwich was full of lobster and my husbands mussels were good with a garlicky broth. My daughters soup was home-made style beef vergetable.

Toronto, Canada
“Eaterie With A Gorgeous View of a Unesco Heritage Site Harbour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a family trip to Nova Scotia. While in Lunenburg, we dined at the Dockside Inn. As a Nova Scotia native, I can tell you that the Dockside is a classic authentic example of an unpretentious Down Home family restaurant which features local seafood dishes of good quality and portion ( you can see the boats that caught them from your table.) There us also a good variety of other meat and veg dishes, all at very reasonable cost.

They also have rooms overlooking the harbour.

If you are looking for authentic, unpretentious Down East hospitality, this is a fine example.

Note: the Bluenose I, II and III as well as the replica of the Bounty. from movie fame, were all launched from here.

Halifax, Canada
“Nice view, but wouldn't return for the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant recently and I wasn't impressed. We picked this place because of the nice view overlooking the water, but the food was not great. We had fish and chips which were very greasy and the fries were right out of a bag. They should put a bit more effort into a fish dish; after all, it is a fishing community. Staff were friendly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eastcoasttraveller32
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good choice on the waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Sept 20
Dave and Garry of Van Tours of Halifax, NS, dropped us off here after canceling our lunch reservations at Rhubarbs which was too far off the circuit at noon time. Our group had no complaints about this elevated resto overlooking the beach and a large parking lot.
The fish 'n chips (haddock) for me and the steamers for my wife were more than adequate. Then there was the homemade blueberry pie and someone let me taste their lemon meringue pie, which was even better. There's a retail bake shop in the back. Drinking beer, we had motivational difficulty for our group to move on. An interesting exhibition of vintage 50s Chevrolets in the parking lot held my attention.

Visited September 2013
New York NY
“Enjoyed our dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice restaurant overlook the harbor. Both my husband and I had the lobster dinner and enjoyed it's presentation

Visited September 2013