“The BEST restaurant I have ever been to!”

Rime Restaurant + Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rime Restaurant + Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST restaurant I have ever been to!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Rime is an amazing new restaurant with delicious food, great ambiance & friendly service! The food was incredible, I would definitely recommend for starter the calamari, followed by the beef tenderloin with fries and finished off with a scoop of Nutella gelato! I I can honestly say this is the BEST restaurant I have ever eaten at & I will definitely be returning!

1 Thank Catherine M

Charlottesville, Virginia
“a charming new restaurant in Lunenburg...”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was with a group of women, many different meals and everyone was delighted. Terrific servers too. This restaurant is a new one and just has opened in Lunenburg, in the main part of town.
I had the special which was a grain and mussels + clams dish. The special of ham looked yummy too, will try that the next time I am at Rime's.

2 Thank arctic09
Toronto, Canada
“They REALLY know how to cook!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Rime restaurant is incredible... A gem in Lunenburg! Our dinner there was of New York/Montreal/Toronto highest standards. The service was exceptional. The room was warm and inviting. But the food.... It was sensational. This recently opened resto is a hit. The seasoning is restrained, just perfect. A light touch hits perfection with each dish we tried. Smoked halibut, seafood chowder, fresh local greens and carbonara - all perfectly executed. Finishing with Creme brûlée, we were sorry it was over! We are very picky, but cannot say enough about Chef Jeff's commitment to fresh, local and creative dishes. Here is a rising star to watch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MW2011
Toronto
“Very good and will return but a few things....”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This new restaurant comes on the heels of a short-lived Danish venture and a very good Trattoria before that. Unfortunately, Lunenburg is subject to seasonality and any restaurateur will have a challenge making a success of it here.

Rime staff are enthusiastic and up for making things work. Kudos to their efforts and long may their positive attitudes prevail.

The food is delicious but the portions are a little 'nouvelle cusine-like' as they are at Fleur de Sel. To differentiate themselves as there really isn't much room for another high-end restaurant in Lunenburg, and I don't think that is their objective (but their prices are pretty close), I suggest they add a little more substance to their dishes at the same price point.

Their risottos were VERY good. But, add a heaping tablespoon (dry quantity) of arborio (or maybe it was carnaroli?) when preparing the dish. That will give it more than a somewhat meager serving but not overwhelming. The other ingredients are fine to stay at the same quantities. Naturally, the broths would need to be increased a bit.

The appetizers were very good. I won't comment further.

I don't know what wines are popular as only they will know what sells the best but consider adding a lighter-bodied Italian wine from Veneto or near Parma in Emilia-
Romagna? Perhaps a French like a Beajolais Brouilly or Morgon? A lot of people through my experience - including myself - are leaning toward a lighter red option beyond Merlot or Pinot Noir.

Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gourmet food and service at a great price!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife, kids and I are foodies. We love good food, and live to try new things. This restaurant had great service and incredible food. The portions were just the right size, and didn't leave us feeling overly full but perfectly satiated. A small word of warning, this isn't a place for small kids, I didn't see any items on the menu appropriate for little ones.

1 Thank Foodie65536