“Unprofessional and disorganised” 2 of 5 bubbles

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Unprofessional and disorganised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Like the previous reviewer I booked a sunset cruise and was told it may not go ahead as we needed one more person.

They took my number and said they'd call either way. Having heard nothing all say I tried to call twice and left a message and no one got back to me. When I went down to the pier at the correct time the girl at the desk was vague and then said "oh yeah 2 others pulled out". If they had let me know earlier I could have made other plans. The cruise might be nice but the office staff are substandard for Canada.

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Cancelled the tour at the last moment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We booked the sunset cruise earlier but they told us 30 min before the trip that they had to cancel it as there are not enough passengers. This did not help in our planning as we were in that area for 2 days only. I wish it was little more professional.

Visited July 2012
Halifax, NS
“Great Sunset Cruise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I went on a sunset cruise with Star Charters while we were in Lunenburg, and it was fantastic. The cruise was about 2 hours long, and the scenery was beautiful. They sail the boat just by sails instead of motor, which we both liked. It was my first time sailing ever, and I really enjoyed it. Our captain (Merrill) was very knowledgeable about the area, and he let us all help with putting up the sails, steering the boat, etc. I would highly recommend doing a sail with them to anyone! It was very affordable and definitely worth the price!

Ottawa, Canada
“Poor organization and communication...we reserved two spots on a sail that to our chagrin was not scheduled to happen...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is not a review of the tour itself but rather of our experience booking with the company. Star Charters disappointed us on our trip to Lunenburg although we had really been looking forward to our Sunset sail as it happened to be a beautiful clear afternoon/evening. We reserved two spots on a sail only to discover when we arrived at the dock that it was never scheduled to happen. The explanation we received was that the two staff we spoke with upon booking were apparently clueless that the boat was not at all available that day... Hopefully it's not something that occurs frequently, but just in case, we decided to tour the waters of Lunenburg with an entirely different company the next day.

Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Star Charters in Lunenburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

After seeing some postings on here regarding Star Charters we decided to check them out and planned a day trip to Lunenburg while we were in Nova Scotia. The weather was beautiful and the sailing was great. The captain ws an Aussie who was very friendly and let the kids captain the boat for a while, we saw a couple of seals swimming around, the harbor looked great from the water. The crew was great too and took the best pic of the four of us! They gave us alot of info about Lunenburg and we really really just enjoyed the day. I thought it was a great deal since they had a family rate instead of a per person rate. I wish more attractions would do that. It's very family friendly!

1 Thank MKCP5