“Simply put, amazing.”
Review of Addington Arms B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lunenburg
Addington Arms B&B
Ranked #9 of 26 Lunenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I can't say enough about the hospitality and the accommodations. Truly wonderful breakfast, fantastic recommendations, and great conversation. The BEST B and B we've stayed in. Ever. We will go back to Lunenburg just to stay here!
John and Julie.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Julianaeve
There are newer reviews for Addington Arms B&B

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in Lunenburg at Addington Arms in a spacious suite. Exploring the town was a great experience we will not forget. We hope to return and would stay at this bed and breakfast Again in the Topsail suite. Breakfast was fulfilling and delicious. Fresh fruit and yogurt followed by omelets, all accompanied with freshly brewed coffee.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Topsail Suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Loves2travel53
Reviewed November 2, 2012

- This place is beautiful and the people who run it are so kind to their guests.

I have to thank Chris Cooper and Dan Prokaziuk, owners of Addington Arms, for making me feel completely at home and tended too during my stay in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. Chris went above and beyond by providing me with a breakfast that was gluten free and delicious - this woman genuinely cares about her guests and will stop at nothing to satisfy them! I even forgot to pack my tooth brush and tooth paste and she provided me with the necessities I needed. The decor Chris and Dan have used to decorate their B&B are amazing. The old house still holds most of it's history while giving the visitor a boutique and cozy vibe. I feel completely comfortable recommending this B&B to anyone. Thank you for making my stay in Lunenburg one I won't soon forget.

I wish you all the best and I hope many more people will walk through your door and experience Nova Scotia at it's very best!

Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What an Inn. Chris & Dan are awesome. The rooms are spacious, comfortable & lovingly decorated. The furnishings amazing. The feel so comfortable & homey. Books to read and steam shower at the end of the day to help you relax. All warm and comfortable. The hospitality amazing. Chris shared where to eat, which we did. Our breakfast was delicious. We began with yogurt with fresh pairs & apples. We had home made bread for French toast, topped with sauteed bananas. The coffee was excellent. They buy their breads locally, awesome. They told us about the local market & the good foods.
If you want to rest, relax & be comfortable, you need to check this out. It is tucked away on Cornwallis St over a fine gallery. You will not ever be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HilWar2016
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked the Addington Arms after checking out a number of Trip advisor recommendations. We were looking for a home base for the Lunenburg folk harbour festival during the 2nd week of August. We stayed for 4 days and couldn't have been happier with our choice.
What was immediately apparent was the attention to detail, the knick knacks, the reading materials, the VCRs, the sparkling cleanliness and the spaciousness of our Spankersail suite. We were totally surprised to find a comfortably appointed sitting room. Bed was very comfortable, with choices of pillows, and the fans kept the rooms really comfortable and nicely supplemented the air conditioning.
Much has been written on T/A about the wonderful breakfasts which Dan prepares. Equally enjoyable is Chris' recitation of the menu du jour. Apart from the egg and meat dish of the day which rotates, mention should also be made of the fresh juices, breads and jams that are locally sourced.
Our connection with Chris and Dan actually began much before our arrival as we received restaurant information and suggestions, including the importance of reserving in advance due to the Festival crowds.
They were available for consultations and couldn't do enough for us, providing maps, filling us in on Lunenburg history and when a parcel didn't arrive from Halifax in time for our departure, forwarding it to our home in Toronto.
In addition to our pleasant stay at the Addington, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the quality of music and the organization of the Folk Harbour Festival. From the workshop venues to evening concerts in the big tent we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and look forward to a return to Lunenburg.

Room Tip: Aromatherapy anyone? check it out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AllanS1
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Addington Arms is in a perfect location within easy walking distance of the waterfront, shops and restaurants in Lunenberg, which is a charming and beautiful town. It is run by Chris and Dan who are excellent hosts and who provide a warm welcome upon arrival. Chris is more 'front of house' and clearly enjoys running a B&B whilst Dan - who spent many years as an executive chef - cooks up a superb breakfast each morning. The rooms are large and very clean with comfortable beds and good bathrooms. All in all, the Addington Arms is a very good choice and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark E
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night in August at the Addington Arms. We wish we could have stayed longer but they were booked up and the room was not available. Chris, our host was a wonderful, charming woman who took time to recommend places to eat and places to visit. She recommended the Knot, which had good food and good portions. My husband bought a shirt from the restaurant, on Chris' recommendation. The B&B was different than others we had stayed in. It was right in town, and steps to restaurants and shops. The rooms were probably our favorite during our trip through Nova Scotia (did you notice I said rooms). I did not realize the room came with a sitting room. What a nice treat in the evening to sit in your own living space, drinking wine, listening to music, etc. The bedroom was clean and comfortable. But now the best part...breakfast...beside home made juices, Chris made a beautiful raised pancake served at the table. I can't remember it's real name but it was beautifully presented and a piece d resistance. She also served bacon and sausages from the local butcher. The only complaint I had was it was too much food...Chris were you trying to make us fat (LOL). Thanks for a wonderful stay, we will certainly be back if in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple