“You have now become regulars!”
Review of Bay Leaf Eatery - CLOSED

Bay Leaf Eatery
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Fabulous meals and amazing staff within the beautiful setting of the historic Blue Nose Lodge. My husband Mark especially loves the seafood chowder. We frequently stop by for both breakfast and dinner whenever we are in town. Ester, Mark and Tony always makes us feel most welcome and keeps us up to date on special events in the community.

Definitely a must stop when in Lunenburg, NS

Until next time!
Susan and Mark

5  Thank MarkandSusan2012
There are newer reviews for Bay Leaf Eatery

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We came late on a Sunday and were happy they were still serving. The server was very friendly. We were looking for a lite meal, and both chose a bowl of the seafood chowder!!! Wonderful. First the seafood wasn't really 'chowdered' (cut into small unrecognizable chunks). Full shrimp, scallops, mussels, and chunk of lobster were arranged w/n a delicious broth. At first I was like 'ah-oh,' because I would have said I didn't like mussels or scallops. Guess I never had well cooked dock-side fresh ones before!! We each consumed every drop.
Highly recommended.
A block from the harbor.

4  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent brunch experience. The chocolate pancakes with a side of thick double smoked bacon was ridiculously good - and don't forget the maple syrup! The fish and chips was one of the best we have had in the area. Lightly battered, fish flaking easily, with a wonderful tartar sauce accompaniment. Definitely worth a visit.

5  Thank MyR3v13ws
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We visited the restaurant as part of a cycling tour. I was enchanted with the whole experience from the time I walked in the door through dessert. The room was charming, the service exceptional and the food most excellent. The server was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would make it a point to go here should I pass that way again.

5  Thank Marion W
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've eaten here several times because frankly it is great value and quality. The dining room is elegant but is still a casual and relaxing atmosphere. My favourite dish right now is the short ribs. There is no bone, just succulent, tender beef that has been beautifully and patiently prepared. The curry shrimp and chicken pasta has a lovely combination of flavours with the green apple and snow peas. My children love the tenderloin and the staff never blink when I request the entree be split in two for my little ones. I'm eating there again tonight with friends and can not wait!

6  Thank Andrea E