“Lovely lunch/brunch place”
Review of Bay Leaf Eatery - CLOSED

Bay Leaf Eatery
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Austin
“Lovely lunch/brunch place”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent brunch experience. The chocolate pancakes with a side of thick double smoked bacon was ridiculously good - and don't forget the maple syrup! The fish and chips was one of the best we have had in the area. Lightly battered, fish flaking easily, with a wonderful tartar sauce accompaniment. Definitely worth a visit.

5 Thank MyR3v13ws

Lethbridge, Canada
“A must if you are in Lunenburg”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We visited the restaurant as part of a cycling tour. I was enchanted with the whole experience from the time I walked in the door through dessert. The room was charming, the service exceptional and the food most excellent. The server was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would make it a point to go here should I pass that way again.

5 Thank Marion W
“Love the Menu”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've eaten here several times because frankly it is great value and quality. The dining room is elegant but is still a casual and relaxing atmosphere. My favourite dish right now is the short ribs. There is no bone, just succulent, tender beef that has been beautifully and patiently prepared. The curry shrimp and chicken pasta has a lovely combination of flavours with the green apple and snow peas. My children love the tenderloin and the staff never blink when I request the entree be split in two for my little ones. I'm eating there again tonight with friends and can not wait!

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Andrea E
Lower Sackville, Canada
“Excellent food”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It was the best seafood chowder we had ever tasted. We were quite impressed with the flavor and style of the meal for such a small space.

5 Thank Shauna M
Dartmouth, Canada
“Dad's Favorite”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I asked my father to choose a place to eat in Lunenburg for Father's Day, and he choose the Bay Leaf in the Bluenose Lodge. We have actually been here for a number of special occasions and regular meals over the years. Although this beautiful old lodge has been through a number of different owners, it seems they have managed to maintain a very good restaurant. Although there was some sort of special event in another room, we were the only ones in the dining room for almost our entire meal. Although two couples came in as were were finishing, you wonder how a place can last with so few customers.

Our meal was excellent. Two of us had the stuffed chicken breast and it was delicious, served with fresh vegetables and potato. My wife had the Chicken & Shrimp curry and said it was a perfect blend of the curry without being too spicy, and Dad's wife had the braised ribs, wanting to try them from a previous visit. She said they were tender and delicious and had no bones. I had their rhubarb Creme Brulee, and it was excellent.

Our server was excellent, remembering my dad's dislike of cucumbers from a previous visit, when he brought the water with cucumber for the rest of us, he had one for dad with lemon. He was attentive without being in the way.

4 Thank Art H