“Good fresh food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Savvy Sailor

The Savvy Sailor
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Savvy Sailor Cafe is licensed and has great selection of breakfast,lunch, and seasonal dinner fair.Views overlooking the UNESCO town harbour.
Halifax, Canada
“Good fresh food, friendly service”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had dinner at the Savvy Sailor and sat out on the patio to enjoy the warm evening. Service was very friendly and efficient. Menu was small, but very creative choices - everything looked fresh and healthy. I had the lamb burger and my partner had the fish burger. Both dishes were extremely tasty and we ate every bite. The fish was not a typical breaded burger, but fresh and plentiful. The lamb was equally good. I would recommend this restaurant if you like fresh ingredients and a nice atmosphere. Casual dining.

1 Thank Laurie.22

Bel Air
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Coffee”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I love strong coffee, but we traveled all over nova scotia in 14 days over 2700KM and the coffee at diners and cafe's was always weak..but the savory sailor coffee rocked

Visited July 2013
Nova Scotia Canada
“Will not return”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

3 of us ate lunch here-one a vegan was the reason we went-menu looks much better than it tastes. Pros-clean, non-descript, waitress was attentive and polite-good service.
Cons-puzzled by bill which was a cash register slip with a bunch of zeros-no amounts whatsoever-took it to the cash and the person had to ask what each of us had then she slowly had to look at her lists or whatever she looked at to get the costs before we knew what our bill was-strange. Food was bland, boring and too costly-I had a fishburger for $12-came with a small bowl of coleslaw-the worst I have ever eaten-how do u ruin coleslaw? Just plain raw cabbage would have been better. One person had a Panini-overdone &it was dry with little in it and the vegan had an egg something-none of us would return. With a little bit of attention on the part of the kitchen these could have been delicious-add some spice and color and give people what they are paying for. Unfortunate as the location is good with a nice deck.

2 Thank Beachgrass
Arnold, MD
“Excellent Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was with a group of 23 from Adventure Caravans for diner. We all arrived about the same time, and we all were promptly served. The service could not have been better.

Everyone in the group seemed to enjoy their food. I know I certainly did. Their scallops are served fresh from the dock. My wife and I each had the Lobster Linguini with Scallops. My scallops were definitely better than the ones I had in Digby, NS, which is the “Home of the world Famous Digby Scallops”.

Ann, the owner, told us that her scallops come from the Georges Bank. Before diner, we had toured the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, and were told that the very best scallops come from that area. No wonder her scallops were so tasty.

I would highly recommend the Savvy Sailor to anyone visiting Lunenburg, NS.

2 Thank cwenger
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to dine!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

July 28,2013
We had dinner there while traveling with a group of friends on an RV caravan. We were a group of 23. The whole place seated about 40. One of our fellow travelers called and spoke with the owner and made reservations for our group.The owner of the place closed the door to the general public until after our group had all been seated. My husband had the Lobster Linguini with the scallops. I had the salmon with a Caesar salad. Both dishes were great! The service was great. The staff was very sweet and accommodating. The restaurant seemed on the small size when we entered but was able to accommodate our group at one time and still had seating for other guest. The reservations were made for 5:30pm. The covered balcony outside held 15 and there was still a table for 2 not utilized. The rest of our group ate inside. We would definitely return if we were back in the area. The scallops were larger than some we had had in Digby and a little sweeter tasting.