“very good breakfast”

The Savvy Sailor
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Savvy Sailor Cafe is licensed and has great selection of breakfast,lunch, and seasonal dinner fair.Views overlooking the UNESCO town harbour.
United States
“very good breakfast”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place seems to be the most popular in Lunenburg for breakfast. It was packed, but we were able to get a table right away. They have a number of traditional breakfast items, but we opted for the local specialty of fish cakes and baked beans which were excellent! Also has a nice outdoor deck overlooking the harbor.

Nova Scotia, Canada
“They're "good eggs"!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stopped in last Sunday morning for breakfast and what a treat - they know how to soft poach an egg! I can tell you that my husband cringes every time I order a dish with poached eggs because they usually arrive over cooked. Here I had the Atlantic Eggs (Poached eggs on arugula, smoked salmon and potato rosti with horseradish creme fraiche) and they were wonderful. My husband ordered the regular bacon and eggs breakfast and was equally pleased. Good coffee (with a choice of regular or dark roast) and friendly service. A great way to start your day. We'll be back.

altanta, ga
“Happy customers”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had two adults & two children. The atmosphere was fun & the restaurant is quite unique compared to the other options in the town. We so enjoyed the wine & the staff was very knowledgeable regarding types and tastes. We loved the food we ordered and so were happy with so many options different from fish & chips. I so.... wished I was staying longer to return & try other menu options.

Halifax, Canada
“The food is really good, but service is lacking”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I chose The Savvy Sailor for lunch based on the reviews we saw on Trip Advisor.
The restaurant was clean and so was the washroom. We were greeted and escorted to a table on the patio. The patio has a fabulous view of the waterfront.
My husband ordered a coffee and the Thai Salad and I ordered the Scallop Po' Boy Sandwich. Once we were received our meals, that was pretty much the end of any kind of service. We weren't asked if we would like more coffee, more water, even how our meals were. The restaurant wasn't busy, so it was surprising to us that the waitress wasn't more attentive. Really disappointing, we expected a much better dinning experience at The Savvy Sailor.
The Scallop Po'Boy was wonderful, the Thai Salad was very good, but difficult to eat as the red cabbage pieces were very long. Another customer had ordered the Thai Salad too, and was eating it using chopsticks, an option my husband wasn't offered.
We would try this place again, but we did expect better service.

2 Thank Singent
SavvySailor_2012, Owner at The Savvy Sailor, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Coming into June and July I have added a lot of new staff and have tried not to let training effect the quality of service at The Savvy Sailor.
If training that mostly happens behind the bar area where drinks are prepared and the orderd put into the POS system had a negative affect and caused your server not to give you proper attention I do apologize
I have made sure to print your review and have all my staff read it so as to be more aware of the level of service that I too wish they provide.

I do how you will try us again.
Regards.
Halifax, Canada
“Culinary yummyness”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Kudos to the chef! This is the best little gem of a restaurant. The food was beyond good. My husband had the PO Boy sandwich that is now on his mind daily, he's counting the days until he can return to have another. I had the flatbread with goat cheese sweet potato and pesto, I was surprised at how good it was. We had the brownie that is honestly the best brownie moist chocolate lovers dream you can imagine. Our Mochas were great the staff fantastic attentive. This is honestly the best spot in Lunenburg to go. The prices are totally in line for what you get quality and good portions. Will be back ASAP

• Visited May 2013