“delicious!! great service, great food and a great view of the waterfront”
Review of The Savvy Sailor

The Savvy Sailor
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Lunenburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Savvy Sailor Cafe is licensed and has great selection of both traditional and fresh new breakfast and lunch fairs. Views overlooking the UNESCO town harbour.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A tiny treasure on the waterfront, my companion and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food.We started with the haddock chowder which was loaded with freshly cooked haddock. I had the special which was scallops with ceasar salad. They were cooked to my specifications which is fried in butter with a thin coating of flour and salt and pepper. The ceasar salad was homemade and wonderful. My companion had asian salmon cakes which were quite nice but a little dry. The peanut cabbage salad was delicious. Our server was friendly and had good knowledge about the menu. The savvy sailor is only open for breakfast and lunch but the breakfast menu looked interesting offering more than your typical bacon and eggs. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the wooden railing as it totally blocks the view and replace it with plexi glass.

1  Thank pegclegg

Reviewed June 14, 2012

WOW, that was all I could say!!! On Mother's Day we were looking for a great place to have brunch as a family with two small children, grandparents and some great friends and we found a little gem in The Savvy Sailor! The staff was so accomidating to our large group in a small spot, service was excellent, the view cannot be beat and I can not tell you how fabulous the food was. I had been expecting a great meal but there were no words, "WOW" was all I could say, and the rest of our table agreed. Absolutely delicious!! We would recommend this cafe to anyone looking for a great all day breakfast, brunch or lunch! Can't wait for our next visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had the chance to dine this past week at the "NEW" Savvy Sailor in Lunenburg, NS. I had heard of the place thru a friend who had dined there recently and when there for meetings last week I made a point of stopping in for lunch. First, I was pleasantly suprised at how open and bright the interior was. It is not a large restaurant, seating only for 30-40 people I would say but I like this as it makes it seem more cozy somehow. And did I mention the view??? Overlooking the water, boats and golf course. What more could you ask for??? Ok, so the food...A great menu, not big, just breakfast and lunch...but all day breakfast is something I love as a tourist...for those lazy mornings I sleep in for. Prices were reasonable and nothing I saw stuck me as overpriced...especially in todays times...The food was really good and the adjustments I needed for dietary reasons were accommodated easily. The Beverage menu was HUGE!!! So it had something there for everyone. The service was warm and friendly, and I had the chance to meet the new own "Katherine" who seemed lovely and was more than happy to chat about the town and opening her new place. I guess this makes this restaurant a more of an experience with the view, food, service and friendliness...I recommend this place to the fullest. I did notice going thru the reviews that someone had a negative review. Well, since this place is just open (I think a month) I highly recommend waiting and coming back...Every restaurant has its kinks in its first opening months and maybe that person experienced that day where kinds were needed to be worked out...
Cheers!
Nicole

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Yay! So happy to be having coffee again on our waterfront. The Savvy Sailor is a bright, happy place with awesome food and great staff. What more could you want?

2  Thank MCHCC
Reviewed June 6, 2012

There is no better place to start your day then enjoying the breathtaking views of Lunenburg Harbour accompanied by great coffee, friendly staff and a tasty breakfast.

I had the Savvy Brekkie this morning and it was just as I ordered it, smoked bacon, poached eggs and seven grain toast. The bottomless coffee cup was just what I needed. A great gathering spot with a friendly atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I havent tried lunch yet, but will not be deterred by Heather M's comments as this is a new business with kinks that will no doubt need to be ironed out as the business grows.

In the immortal words of Arnold S..... "I'll be back!"