“A touch of quality”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lunenburg
Somerset UK
“A touch of quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Our room had an excellent view over the waterfront and we were fortunate Bluenose 2 was there during our 3 day stay for the Seafood Festival. The hotel is quite new, is well furnished, the room spacious and with excellent housekeeping. The themed restaurant provided a good dinner menu but it was a little disappointing to only have a limited continental breakfast in mid September.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dp91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Salzburg, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

Having been there three times it never really felt like coming "home", never a warm "welcome back" or any kind of recognition. Standard went down while the price went up. What makes up for some of it though and really grabs you is the wonderful harbour view!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Lilarosa
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Had an excellent stay at the Lunenburg Arms. The hotel was centrally located, and within walking distance to everything in the main section of town. The room was spacious, and well maintained. The bed was the best one I slept on during my nearly two-week trip. I went for the harbor view room, and it was worth every penny. The staff was excellent - very helpful with meal recommendations in town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

If you like soft beds, stay here. If not, check out another place. Everything else is quite nice - nice size of rooms, good bathroom, not too flowery or antiquey, great location in town, nice view if you ask for it. Overall very good room. Just know that if you like a firm bed, these are not in the slightest. They are the puffy pillow topped mattresses. Hard to get a good night sleep for those of us liking a firmer mattress.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I just want to warn others to be very careful when dealing with this hotel. I booked a room through Expedia and received a confirmation. A day or two later I happened to call them to ask a question, and they could not find my reservation. After many calls to both Expedia and the hotel it turned out that the hotel had sold out of my room type some time AFTER receiving my confirmed reservation from Expedia. They received the booking email from Expedia around 7 pm but didn't look at it until 11:30, and by then they were sold out of the room type, simply didn't enter it into their system and didn't take any further action. I have used Expedia for many bookings all over the world and have never had this problem with a hotel before. Worst of all, no one at the hotel had bothered to notify me or Expedia that the reservation was cancelled. It was simply luck that I called beforehand instead of showing up that day and not having a room. The hotel had a larger room available and I asked them to upgrade me for my trouble, and they refused. I then asked them if they could at least give me a discount on the larger room and after checking with the manager, they refused. The reason they gave was that it was going to be a busy weekend and they knew they could sell that room at full price. There was a festival going on that weekend and most hotels/B&Bs were booked up, so if I hadn't called and found out about the lost reservation, I would have been in a terrible situation that night. I was appalled that they made this type of mistake, did nothing to notify me or Expedia, then would not meet me partway on the price of a larger room since it was their own error. It just seemed like they didn't care in the least and only had their eye on every dollar they would get for the larger room, and were not the least bit concerned about having ignored my confirmed reservation. So if you are OK with this type of service and do choose to book this hotel, I would recommend calling them directly to make sure that you do have a reservation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
17 Thank HHJL
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

Although the website didn’t have photos of the rooms when I emailed the staff sent back photos of the 2 rooms with double Jacuzzis. I selected the hotel for the double Jacuzzi and the spa. Room 308 was perfect, the hotel was clean and quite except for the noise of the other Jacuzzi located on the 4th floor above. When our upstairs neighbors ran their Jacuzzi they also turned up their music but we ran our Jacuzzi all the time too so we can’t complain.

Our room was large, included internet, had a nice water view and the continental breakfast was good. The hotel’s located in the historic neighborhood so everything’s within walking distance. Note these are the photos supplied by the hotel and are a good representation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Creston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

The view over the harbour on the 4th floor was as advertised. The bed was comfortable as was the couch in the room. What put be me off was the housekeeping envelope asking for tips when you enter the room. I don't approve of the practice but if you must then you need to back up the claim that your housekeeping is exceptional. In our case there was four short and curlies in plain sight around the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
lunenburgarms, General Manager at Lunenburg Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2009
Thank you for your comments. We welcome all both good and not so good. We learn from our mistakes and I just wanted to let you know that we have had meetings with the staff to make sure that this does not happen again. We have put into place a double check system. A room attendant different then the one who cleaned the room will now do a check to make sure everything is OK. If not they show the original attendant and then the issue is corrected.
Again Thank you for your comments.
Mike Smith