“A real Gem in cuisine”
Review of The Scuttlebutt Restaurant - CLOSED

The Scuttlebutt Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ideal place for good breakfast and great lunch. Specialized in fresh mix of European and Canadian salads, light pasta and fantastic Nova Scotia Fish. Dinner served on weekends with live music. Keith Andrews, a great local talent, rocks the audience with the Beatles, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Diamond and much more! Every Saturday at 8pm!
Dartmouth, Canada
“A real Gem in cuisine”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My family and I have dined at this little gem in Lunenburg every time we're there. My personal favorite is the smoked salmon club. Your mouth will love this little treat, especially if you're a smoked salmon lover. The food always exceeds our expectations aswell as the service and atmosphere. They are also family/children family, where you'll find a childrens room where they can find books galore aswell as coloring books, in addition to toys. There is literally something for everyone at this quaint Lunenburg restaurant. I can't wait to go back.I think on my next visit, I'll have the lobster eggs benny!

Dartmouth, Canada
“Fond memory, good food, peek of harbour, friendly, some gluten free choices”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We ate near windows with a small harbour view where glorious sunshine can enter on winter days.
I liked to see that this restaurant has a community friendly play area in the large inner 'second' space for children in the day time and music in the evening..

The menu included some delicious gluton-free items which were much appreciated.
The spicy mixed protein soup was great. No service problems.

Montreal, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Great decor and ambiance, excellent, friendly service. Menu is intriguing, with excellent selections of beer. Food is delicious in the two times we have eaten there, reasonably priced and extremely tasty.

My favorite restaurant in Lunenburg. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Bridgewater
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Live Music in Lunenburg is back!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Finally! A place we can go to listen to some local music and have great food. The lobster ravioli was the best meal I've had in years, and Clas Larsson and his crew were as great as always. Plus, my grandson was allowed to run around and play so I could enjoy my wine. I have gotten to know the chef/owner and his wife on my repeat visits, and they are dedicated and enjoyable people. My family and I are so glad there's finally such a warm and funky atmosphere to be in.

1 Thank RichardHenzie
Lunenburg, Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I have dropped by the Scuttlebutt several times in the last couple of months and have had great food and great service. First was a Christmas banquet with a Roast Turkey Dinner that was very tasty. Everyone at the banquet had nothing but rave reviews. The next time was with a friend and I had a BBQ pulled pork quesadilla and a side salad. The quesadilla was absolutely mouth watering. I never thought I would eat a salad with fruit in it but the orange salad was so good. I have been there twice more, once with a friend and my son in which they both enjoyed their meals. The last time was with my mother who had a grilled ham & cheese sandwich which came with a variety of fruit. She also enjoyed her meal. My mother ordered one of the many smoothies and we both shared it because it was so good. Next time we want to try either the bailleys or kahlua smoothie. Both times since trying the quesadilla, I have had the same meal each time. I think I'm addicted...I can't stop going now.

1 Thank LovesToEatOut1