“Imaginative food for Breakfast!”
Review of The Scuttlebutt Restaurant - CLOSED

The Scuttlebutt Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Ideal place for good breakfast and great lunch. Specialized in fresh mix of European and Canadian salads, light pasta and fantastic Nova Scotia Fish. Dinner served on weekends with live music. Keith Andrews, a great local talent, rocks the audience with the Beatles, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Diamond and much more! Every Saturday at 8pm!
Ottawa, Canada
“Imaginative food for Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were surprised to read the negative reports for this restaurant, having eaten breakfast there earlier this week. I guess it must be a management change -try it again if you visited a while ago.
Hubby and I both chose the Coconut French Toast ($7) as we had eaten cooked breakfasts for over a week in different hotels. The bread is reportedly dipped in coconut milk and egg, fried, topped with banana and pineapple and sprinkled with a thick, fruity mango sauce. It was delicious and very filling. The coffee was good and plentiful too.
The young server was lovely, answering all our questions about the Bluenose II and the local history of Lunenburgh.
Admittedly a small meal but enough to know that the service was great and the food imaginative. Try it!!!

1 Thank Footsloggers

Vancouver
“Good Food Reasonable Price”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The title says it all. We only had breakfast here. It is beside the Inn we stayed at and they gave a discount coupon for breakfast. The portions are good and so is the quality.

Visited May 2012
Lunenburg, Canada
“Thank goodness...new Management, better experience.”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I previously had a bad breakfast experience, and I now see there was a change in Management, so I thought to be fair I should try again.
I had a wonderful breakfast, hearty, tasty and with excellent coffee.
So ignore many of the old bad comments, including my own, and give the Scuttlebutt another chance!!

• Visited June 2012
lunenburg
“awesome”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Came here for lunch with 2 others and was very impressed,its now under new management,new menu and all homemade food,prices are very reasonable and service was # 1.Two of us had fish with ceasar salad and the other had haddock bites with homecut fries,all was delicious,so much so we had to try dessert and again we were not dissapointed by no means.I wish Manual and his staff the very best and we will see you again soon

• Visited May 2012
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
“High Prices and mediocre food”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I were moving to Lunenburg and decided to try a local restaurant.
We were very disappointed with Scuttlebutt's.Our waitress was super,very friendly,but the food was so-so.I had the lobster eggs benedict.The lobster was cold and there was nothing else on the plate except a couple of slices of orange.My husband had a breakfast special which was okay.....Our bill for two of us was $40..a bit high for breakfast fare which didn't include coffee/tea. Just because it's a tourist town..remember that locals like to frequent your restaurants too,,,and we are the ones tourists will ask for recommendations..

Visited July 2011