“We loved it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lunenburg
Alicion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 26 Lunenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Alician B & B is located near the center of town, walking distance.
Very attractive Gorgian Revival on large, well maintained corner lot.
In & out, this B&B is spic & span.
Room is roomy and well appointed.
As others said, breakfast was excellent.
I will choose this one if we are back Lunnenburg again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Alicion was a great start to our 2 weeks of B&B’s in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The Dragonfly Room was large, bright, charming and spotlessly clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed a loveseat and upholstered chair for reading. A walk-in closet, 2 luggage racks, chest & dresser all made our 4 day stay easy. The bathroom is large, gracious & well-equipped, as pictured on-line. The guest living room was comfortable & inviting and good for mingling with interesting guests. A guest fridge and self-serve tea set-up were welcome and used by us.

Breakfast was always something to anticipate – fresh asparagus, hollandaise sauce, Luneneburg sausage, fruit, waffles, baked items – everything delicious served with a charming smile and welcome conversation.

Janet, our proprietress, and Suzanne, our breakfast hostess in Lorne’s absence, made us feel right at home and both were full of helpful information on sights, restaurants and driving routes.

Alicion is located on a beautiful street outside of the downtown Lunenburg area and is a well-landscaped house. The 15 minute walk into town was very pleasant. We would highly recommend Alicion for a stay in Lunenburg.

JK USA

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jk1_beth
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This is a magnificent B and B in a fabulous town. They have five well furnished rooms, comfortable beds, well equipped dining and sitting rooms and great breakfasts. The owners, Janet and Lorne are gracious hosts, full of information re: Lunenburg and nearby sites. They have four bikes to lend in a town where biking is excellent. I'd go back in a second.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chinadochill
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Working for fifteen years as a tour guide I have stayed at hundreds of accommodations all over the Maritimes. I had the distinct pleasure of staying with Lorne and Janet at Alicion twice.
I found their bed and breakfast to be exactly what I was looking for and exactly what their website described. A lovely heritage home that has been lovingly restored and decorated in a casual yet upscale style. Luxurious enough to make me sigh when I walked in the door but casual enough that I felt comfortable spending time in the living room reading on the couch. The rooms were stylish and well decorated with a great tv/dvd combo for the times I wanted to stay in my room and watch a movie (their selection of DVD's to borrow was appreciated). The attached bathroom had a lovely claw foot tub and nice touches like local soap and environmental shampoo/conditioner/body lotion to use while there. Lorne and Janet have added some well appreciated comfort touches like a tea station on the landing to help yourself to at any time and a computer on the staircase landing for guests use.
The breakfast was a thoughtful and delicious meal with local ingredients and served in the dining room of the house. The table was set with linen and china and the food was excellent (you are a great cook Lorne and I appreciated your tips and visited the Farmers Market and the new Ironworks Distillery).
After visiting the first time I didn't hesitate to book there again the next time I needed to be in Lunenburg...my only disappointment was that I was there in the winter and did not have the opportunity to see their lovely garden in bloom or sit on the wrap around porch. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast!!!

K. Hyde, Halifax

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The Alicion is everything you could possibly want in a B&B. A beautiful historic home filled with antiques and original oak hardwood, comfortable and spacious bedrooms with HUGE bathrooms and comfy beds, a cozy living room for guests, a wraparound porch and lovely grounds, fabulous breakfast, gracious hosts, in a quiet residential area just a short stroll from the main part of town - in a word, perfect! Thanks Janet and Lorne, we'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LPB_11
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This must be without doubt one of the best B&Bs I've stayed in. The quality is top notch starting from the rooms, the location ( literally a 10 min walk to the waterfront), and the breakfast.
Lorne and Janet are gracious hosts and I really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DDumitru
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We've stayed here twice, once in the summer and once in the winter, in the Kingfisher room and the Dragonfly room respectively. Both were beautifully done up though the Kingfisher room was a little more special with its whirlpool tub.

Upstairs rooms are quieter though we still had good sleep downstairs. Website depictions of rooms were accurate. If anything the rooms were nicer than expected.

Hosts are lovely though it seemed that Lorne was the one who did most of the operations stuff.

Food was great. Healthy, plentiful, flavourful and they had good coffee.

The location is in a more residential area a little away from the town itself thought it's a walkable distance. The only problem is a lack of sidewalks - though Nova Scotia drivers are typically considerate of pedestrians we appreciated having a car. Lunenburg itself is charming and worth a visit wherever you end up staying. We enjoyed ourselves both trips, even being hit with a winter storm one night during out winter trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple