“Over cooked short on service”

Ocean Village Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 209 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

ThIs was very disappointing . We waited over an hour for our food. It was way over cooked and lacked flavour. We felt bad for the one waitress who tried her best. Seafood was ok .

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed February 24, 2018

...tonight being no different, the 7 of us adults went, we always order one each of our favourites, never to be disappointed. Tonight was Exceptional! A wonderful experience! Thanks so much , grandpa :)

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Ordered take out and was pleasantly surprised at how hot the food was and good quality of food.

The restaurant was totally empty at 9pm, but they said they are busy with take out orders.

We had sweet and sour pork, beef and tomato fried rice, and beef and brocoli and all were good and good portions

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2017

Food is ok but not only does service comes with a bad attitude, the lady owner is dishonest when it comes to honoring the discounts advertised. For instance, we ordered takeaway to be delivered and apparently they advertised there is a small discount for takeaways, and she even confirmed that over the phone. When food was delivered, the delivery guy said no discount and if we wanted a discount we had to call the owner again. Obviously we didn't bother. Second time, ordered take out and went to pick our dinner up, paid in cash (advertised a 10% discount if ordered above $20 and paid in cash). She tried to avoid the question on my discount when I paid in cash as I asked for the receipt. Then she stapled my receipt to the take away bag and told me my order had to be over $20 in order to receive a discount. I checked the printed brochure she had on the counter and told her I've ordered over $20 before GST. Disgruntled, she took some loose change from her cash register and returned me. When I got home, I realized, she even overcharged me with one of the dishes I ordered. If you want to eat Chinese food, please be careful and check through your receipt in future and be sure they honour what they had advertised. This lady owner had been trying many times not to honour her promotion. Imagine what they do in the kitchen just to save an extra buck. Not very ethical people.
Imagine what else they compromise in their kitchen.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Customer649
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Ordered a pork dish and when I got home with the food discovered they had given me the wrong dish. Called to tell them we had a problem and drove back to pick up the correct order. They had NOT done anything and had to wait while the made the new dish after much "discussion" about which one I had. Took the order home to discover that, once again I had the wrong dish. Called back and they suggested I return to fix it. I suggested they deliver but that wasn't going to work. NEVER GOING BACK. The food was average at best. Don't bother.

Date of visit: January 2017