“Better than expected”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

Came in with my kids after going to some BC Family Day events in the area. I found this place on OpenTable, liked what I saw on the menu and decided to give it a try.

We were immediately seated at a booth of our choice. We eventually ordered the following:
- Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich with Daily Soup - Sandwich was OK. Good size, but I thought it had too much mustard so I had to scrape a lot of it out. The soup was some sort of cauliflower soup and it was surprisingly good. Better than the sandwich.
- Kids Grilled Cheese - Good. My son liked they used a nice soft brioche. Fries were certainly above average.
- Kids Quesadilla - Good. Nothing special but a good portion size and good fries.

The server provided the kids complimentary apple slices with caramel while we waited for our food so that was an unexpected surprise. Kids meals come with a drink and a dessert, but we were in such a hurry we forgot about getting then dessert! Service was fine overall.

Plenty of free parking. I noticed one of their upcoming shows included Jim Byrnes which is quite impressive. Not someone I would listen too, but a significant musician nonetheless.

I don’t go to Maple Ridge often, but would definitely consider coming back. The kids meals were a good value. Overall a 3.5 out of 5, but rounding up because it surpassed my expectations a bit and I can’t give half marks on Tripadvisor.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

I enjoy Kingfishers while sitting out on the patio with one of their delicious bellini's but they are a little on the expensive side. I have also found it must be the oil they use that leaves me stuffy after eating there

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed February 4, 2019

Great place for lunch. I especially love the fish and chips and they have a great selection of salads as well. The portions could be a bit bigger I feel to justify the pricing.
They have a nice selection of local wines and beers.
It’s a great place to meet friends, sit on the deck on a nice sunny day and enjoy the view.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2018

We attended a Christmas party and found the food to be great. The turkey and the short rib appitizers were unique. There are riverfront views an lots of parking in the lot and on the front street.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 11, 2018

A great spot. Tons of parking. Atmosphere is great. Staff are quick, friendly, and accommodating. The band was an alt country band and they were great. Not too loud. Just right. Food came quick. Chowder was yummy. Good selection of craft beers on hand. View out the windows and the big deck are cool.

Date of visit: October 2018