“Good idea, but...”

Bobby Sox 50's Diner
Ranked #21 of 182 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Good idea, but...”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It looks perfect outside, almost great inside - style of 50's.

However, music - just a regular radio with crappy sound, young waiters with no desire to serve you good, average food, etc.

Probably need new manager or just more attention from the owners

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Eddy S

Mission
“Its greasy but the place is cool.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very 50's Diner, so cute and the staff are totally awesome. I just find the food really greasy and not worth it. The salads are awesome though.

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Comfort Food/Diner Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Dined at Bobby Sox Sunday afternoon with my wife. Quite a varied menu for a "50's" diner. Food was quick, tasty and delivered by the friendly efficient waitress. Hadn't been here in years but will definitely come back again and soon. Prices are very good and there is quite an extensive beer menu.

• Visited May 2012
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“It was OK”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I thought we would go out for burgers last night. Even though we have lived in Maple Ridge for years we had never visited the Bobby Sox. We had heard a lot of positive feed back over the years so we figured that we had to try it.
I loved the funky atmosphere and the waitress was prompt and friendly. The food was well prepared and the fries were excellent but our burgers were just so-so. The buns were awful and just fell apart with very little handling. I ended up using a fork and knife. My feeling is that you can get better, cheaper burgers at DQ..There was very little flavour even though we ordered extras like cheese and chipotle sauce. Unless we went on a day with two for one we will not go back again. There are better burgers at cheaper prices in Maple Ridge.

• Visited May 2012
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Disappointed tbh”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went there for brunch one day and my mum ordered the pancakes and I ordered the french toast and we split. It was tasty but nothing out of the ordinary.

What sparked me was how dirty and grubby the restaurant looked both outside and inside.

The waitress wasn't that pleasant either.

Also, one last note, it has a notice on each table saying something like 'only a 20 minute limit here' which makes the visit most unwelcoming.

• Visited February 2012