WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge Maple Ridge

Econo Lodge Maple Ridge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maple Ridge
Kamloops, Canada
“Nice place, for one night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Picked this property due to location. Room is nice sized, and comfortable. A little too small for two queen-size beds.With the heat/cool unit under the window, the air goes under the curtains. Some of the finish in the bath tub is a little shaky as the shower doesn't work that well. Staff is friendly and helpful. A bit noisy since its right on the highway.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the road, at the back of the property.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family have been staying at this hotel on and off for the past year and a half, due to a close family members illness. The staff here go above and beyond to make us feel comfortable at such a difficult time. The manager(Becky) has gone out of her way to ensure we get the best possible rate, and the most suitable rooms to accomadate our specific needs.
The rooms are kept clean and well stocked by a very friendly team of maids. The beds, which are important to us, are extremely comfortable.
The free continental breakfast is an added bonus.

Room Tip: Room 102 excellent for people with disabilities
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia B
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I booked this hotel on my choice rewards points card and rolled into the hotel around 10pm that night after driving from Hope into Vancouver on a trip across Canada with my family. My credit card was close to the max so when the front desk ran it through for incidentals it was declined, and then he proceeded to ask for a deposit of $100 dollars but told me he might not be able to give it back the next day. I asked as to why and then he said something about cash and debit and then proceeded to switch between computer to computer. He then said the deposit was $200 dollars and still didn't know if he could give it back to me in the AM. Finally after much shuffling he told me everything was okay and that I could get my deposit back in the AM. So we proceeded to go forward until he asked me for a $400 deposit now???#$#$#%

At this point I had, enough of this Shady stuff and decided that I was not going to stay at this place, I was out gas to get to this place and out of lodging for the night, with my family.

I called to complain the next day to choice points who gave me a reference number and then a few days later a Manager named Becky from the hotel emailed me back offering 50% of my next stay at the same hotel ????$##%$# why would I want to go back to the same place ????

I asked if I could get a free night or 50% off another hotel as I was on vacation and didn't want to stay at the same place. No response , then I emailed her and asked who could help me. No response. I finally called choice rewards back and they said each hotel is owned privately and that the best they could do is give 1000 choice points which equals not much !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank PACKPJ

Travelers are raving about these Maple Ridge hotels

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I spent one night here after going to a wedding at the Whonnock Lake Centre and it was very convenient, felt safe, and the room was very clean. Continental breakfast was served the next morning for free, however, I wasn't able to go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank L-StarInc
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Clean, spacious room with microwave and fridge, very good value for the price. Next to a major highway, but our room at the back was quiet and we slept well.

Friendly and helpful front desk. The location was ideal for our planned visit to Golden Ears park.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel to avoid traffic noise from the Loughead Highway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jfrost8401
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were in Pitt Meadows for a family reunion so wanted to stay nearby. I had researched hotels in the area and this one consistently was rated above the others. As my extended family had made reservations here based on my choice, I was really hoping it would be a good option.

Happily, the hotel met my expectations. It is a motor hotel so certainly not fancy but the rooms were spacious and clean, staff were friendly, and the continental breakfast offered a reasonable choice of bagels/ muffins, cereals, and a fruit basket. The breakfast room was small for the number of guests; however, we were able to get a table and trays were available if you decided to take breakfast back to your room.

We booked a room with a kitchenette which offered a microwave, large sink, and small fridge. Coffee makers are standard in all rooms. We did request a room at the back of the hotel, which they accommodated and we did not have any noise from the highway. There is an excellent sushi restaurant across the street (the teriyaki salmon and tempura yams were amazing!), a Home Restaurant next door, a Pantry attached to the hotel (although we didn't eat here), and a beer/ wine store about 10 steps away. The amenities and location of the hotel are very convenient. I would certainly stay here again when in the area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sfw67
Chilliwack, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Like some others I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. Unfortunately when we returned to the room about 11 pm after a tiring 18 hr day with nothing but sleep on our mind, we were met with loud pounding music that made reading or watching TV unpleasant and sleep impossible.To my surprise this was not due to some unruly guest, but rather due to what I was told was a regularly scheduled gathering and that it would go on until at least midnight. After expressing my displeasure we were moved to another room (albeit inferior) which did allow us to eventually get to sleep, but who wants this sort of hassle after a long day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 12 in Langley City
Sandman Signature Langley Hotel
Sandman Signature Langley Hotel
#7 of 12 in Langley City

Been to Econo Lodge Maple Ridge? Share your experiences!