“Anniversary Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

As always, this restaurant made the dining experience so nice - important at any time and especially on one's 35th anniversary.

Our daughter and her husband were with us and although we each had different dinners, from the salads through the entrees and desserts, we once again had great food and wonderful service!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Morgan18

Mission, Canada
“Fine dining in Maple Ridge !”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fabulous food at reasonable prices. Maple Ridge should consider itself fortunate to have such a fine restaurant on their doorstep. The food is every bit as good - if not better - than most of the 'high end' restaurants in Vancouver - but for much less.
The proprietor, Rob is informative and friendly and the service excellent. The ambiance is wonderful - very atmospheric with soft music.

I have had the rib-eye steak more than once and it is the best I have ever had !My wife and I have also have enjoyed the chicken, lamb and fish dishes at various times.
We heartily recommend this restaurant and wish more folks would patronize this wonderful place while they can.

• Visited December 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Anniversary Dinner, (great dinner)”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I decided to take my wife out for dinner on our 2nd anniversary to Lava Dining Lounge, and we were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly from the time we walked in and through out the night. I ordered 2 glasses of champagne to start our night, and a bottle of wine to follow. We started our dinner with 2 of their Romaine (their take on a ceaser salad) It was AWWSOME! never have we had a grilled lemon with a salad and it makes it.... we also shared the French onion soup and WOW, large portion, great taste, (one of the best I have ever had) We then enjoyed a bit of time between our appies and our main courses. We then received our main dishes, thier Butler Steak, and WOW,, the way it was cooked...PERFECT! melt in your mouth, and the blue cheese butter on it was amazing, added that extra taste.. Neither myself or my wife needed or wanted to add salt or pepper to anything.. everything was PERFECT.
Again, the staff was great, the food top notch ( this is what you would expect at a fine dinning resteraunt) but the cooks at Lava have pulled it off and it is great to have something like this close by so you don't have to go too far for a GREAT meal.
We will be back and we recommend this place to everyone, if you are looking for a nice night out or just want good food at a good price.
Again great job, Lava Lounge.
We had a perfect evening.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was great little surprise to experience! My boyfriend and I came here as we heard great reviews! We had the romaine appetizer to start which was fantastic with great sauce. I had the chicken which was the freshest chicken yum! My boyfriend had the butler steak which was cooked to perfection oh and the blue cheese combination on top was so good! We will for sure be visiting again! It is highly worth the money as the food is so fresh, atmosphere is cool and you can see how the owner takes pride in the food being served - it means a lot! More people have to visit this place in Maple Ridge, you won't be disappointed!!

I think the location is not the best but then again once people know it's great they will come!

• Visited September 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Very happy with the experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We originally came to the lava room about 4 years ago and we were not impressed. It has since changed hands and the new owner could not have done a better job. We went out for our anniversary, and we had a lovely dinner. We are fortunate to have this tester aunt in Maple Ridge. The food is fresh and tasted amazing. Very healthy and just enough to satisfy. It is not a place to eat if you're in a rush, but if you are looking to spoil yourself with a nice dinner and don't want to feel rushed this is the place for you. We are looking forward to our next visit. Thank you Lava Room for making our anniversary one to remember.

• Visited September 2013