Our oldest daughter (almost 5) asked all year to go to 'Clevelands House'. We were lucky enough to spend two nights this past week at Cleve's. Upon arriving we were promptly checked in. We stayed in the Fairway House, the small building next to the tennis court, shuffleboard court and swimming pools. You can imagine we were nervous that it may not be very quiet area. We were mistaken. It was an amazing location. We have three kids, so it was perfect to get to the pool, beach, or up to the playground. Only having one other family staying in the building was nice. Our kids quickly made friends. We were pleasantly surprised to see a new couch, beds, and blankets in our room. (New compared to last year) Although we noticed a few areas of the resort that could use a refresher, and some extra cleaning, it was only what my husband and I noticed. Our kids saw nothing but fun at every turn. We also noticed at 'Dukes' the restaurant that some of the staff were dressed a little less than professional, but again all our kids saw was ice cream. The resort has been around for over 100 years. It is bound to go through some changes. Those changes are apparent in the last three years. Each year we return we can see it, changing step by step for the better. New rooms, new programs, new facilities, new staff each year. As long as we all have some fun and rest, mixed with some good food, we are happy. We are Cleves lifers and hope to enjoy the changes each year. I know our kids will beg again next year to spend hours of fun in the ball pit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clevelands House Resort is the perfect place for your summer getaway with 408-acres of family fun! With 3,000 ft. of prime waterfront, this Muskoka resort has something for every age! Clevelands House Resort has many different types of accommodation from standard rooms, suites and cottages. The cottages offer one to three bedrooms - space enough for the whole family! The onsite nine-hole Easy Golf 2.0 course, 16 tennis courts, sandy beach and picturesque veranda are just a few places to relax. For the grown-ups, there's bocce ball tournaments, welcome parties and beach volleyball, Clevelands House has every activity covered. WELCOME TO A NEW ERA It’s a new era here at Clevelands House and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. We’ve been busy over the winter season with a multi-million dollar investment into this historic resort on the shores of Lake Rosseau. These renovations are aimed at restoring our iconic summer resort's main building to it’s original splendour. Big changes have taken place in the main building's interior and new guest rooms invoking the original charm of Clevelands House are now available and are some of the most desirable here at Cleves. With the renovations of the main building, comes The Lakehouse, a new dining experience here at Clevelands House. Founder and celebrity Chef Randy Feltis says “The Lakehouse will follow a few simple rules: fresh fare, heartily cooked, with zero processing.” On the water, PIE Wood Fired Pizza Joint will be a welcome addition to the Boathouse at Cleves. Within walking distance is Abbey's Bakehouse location to help satisfy all your sweet cravings. Home of the famous Cleves Kids program, there something for kids of all ages to enjoy. With experienced councillors and lots of water time, our kids camp are sure to be the highlight of any kids summer. Whether you are looking to relax outside, play a round of golf or take in our famous waterski show we have something for you to do this summer. Memories are made at a place like this. Experience the incredible this summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Clevelands House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clevelands House Hotel Minett
- Clevelands Hotel Minett
- Clevelands House Ontario/Minett, Canada