Probably the only bad thing that did not happen to us. No mice! We looked forward to a few days in the Muskoka Lakes. We had not visited for several years and this resort used to be top notch. Wow is it ever run down and does it ever need a severe makeover. The rate was very competitive and now we know why. It took fifteen minutes to check in. The room was very small, without the promised microwave. We expected a coffee maker and a decent ventilation system. By the third day, we had too leave due to the musty smell and the effects on my asthma. The parking lots are in need of repair. The lawn overgrown with weeds. The executive golf course was not maintained. There were no canoes or watercraft. We signed up for the breakfast program, which did not start until 8 am. We had other commitments and were given a refund. The dining room would not take us for dinner, due to conference events. We tried to enjoy a Jacuzzi experience. One was broken, the other had green water and appeared to be contaminated. The Health Department would be interested in these problems and others we cannot mention due to space limitations. We have reservations for July 1st and beyond, but will cancel them. The management must really give their heads a shake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clevelands House Resort is the perfect place for your summer getaway with 408-acres of family fun! With 3,000 ft. of prime waterfront, this Muskoka resort has something for every age! Clevelands House Resort has many different types of accommodation from standard rooms, suites and cottages. The cottages offer one to three bedrooms - space enough for the whole family! The onsite nine-hole Easy Golf 2.0 course, 16 tennis courts, sandy beach and picturesque veranda are just a few places to relax. For the grown-ups, there's bocce ball tournaments, welcome parties and beach volleyball, Clevelands House has every activity covered. WELCOME TO A NEW ERA It’s a new era here at Clevelands House and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. We’ve been busy over the winter season with a multi-million dollar investment into this historic resort on the shores of Lake Rosseau. These renovations are aimed at restoring our iconic summer resort's main building to it’s original splendour. Big changes have taken place in the main building's interior and new guest rooms invoking the original charm of Clevelands House are now available and are some of the most desirable here at Cleves. With the renovations of the main building, comes The Lakehouse, a new dining experience here at Clevelands House. Founder and celebrity Chef Randy Feltis says “The Lakehouse will follow a few simple rules: fresh fare, heartily cooked, with zero processing.” On the water, PIE Wood Fired Pizza Joint will be a welcome addition to the Boathouse at Cleves. Within walking distance is Abbey's Bakehouse location to help satisfy all your sweet cravings. Home of the famous Cleves Kids program, there something for kids of all ages to enjoy. With experienced councillors and lots of water time, our kids camp are sure to be the highlight of any kids summer. Whether you are looking to relax outside, play a round of golf or take in our famous waterski show we have something for you to do this summer. Memories are made at a place like this. Experience the incredible this summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Clevelands House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clevelands House Hotel Minett
- Clevelands Hotel Minett
- Clevelands House Ontario/Minett, Canada