Well, just returned from a Tennis Boot Camp at Clevelands House in Muskoka. The weather did not co-operate for the tennin unfortunately but I did get a chance to check out all the facilities. This is definitely a place for a Family holiday of any type. Great tennis facilities, beautiful beach, marina, dining room, swimming pools and hot tubs. It was very quiet as this is shoulder season, Canadian Thanksgiving is next big event then they close for the winter. i stayed in a cabin not far from the beach and it was very nice. Could sleep up to 5 using all the beds (queen and single in bedroom, queen hide-a-bed in the living room), all wood framed with two sinks which is a convenience if more than 2 people are staying there. Small refrigerator for keeping refreshments cool and excellent HD TV with lots of channels to chose from. Each cabin also has a large deck for entertaining guests. The lake is just beautiful, The Rock golf course is only 1/2 mile away and it is awesome. All meals are included in the fees and are served in the dining room. Food was excellent and very well presented, definitely not your run of the mill dining room. All staff were very friendly. In the height of summer I can imagine this place is very popular with the diversity of activities. It needs a little TLC (painting, etc) in some areas but not the season to be doing fresh painting and touchups, imagine that will happen in the Spring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clevelands House Resort is the perfect place for your summer getaway with 408-acres of family fun! With 3,000 ft. of prime waterfront, this Muskoka resort has something for every age! Clevelands House Resort has many different types of accommodation from standard rooms, suites and cottages. The cottages offer one to three bedrooms - space enough for the whole family! The onsite nine-hole Easy Golf 2.0 course, 16 tennis courts, sandy beach and picturesque veranda are just a few places to relax. For the grown-ups, there's bocce ball tournaments, welcome parties and beach volleyball, Clevelands House has every activity covered. WELCOME TO A NEW ERA It’s a new era here at Clevelands House and we couldn’t be more excited to share it with you. We’ve been busy over the winter season with a multi-million dollar investment into this historic resort on the shores of Lake Rosseau. These renovations are aimed at restoring our iconic summer resort's main building to it’s original splendour. Big changes have taken place in the main building's interior and new guest rooms invoking the original charm of Clevelands House are now available and are some of the most desirable here at Cleves. With the renovations of the main building, comes The Lakehouse, a new dining experience here at Clevelands House. Founder and celebrity Chef Randy Feltis says “The Lakehouse will follow a few simple rules: fresh fare, heartily cooked, with zero processing.” On the water, PIE Wood Fired Pizza Joint will be a welcome addition to the Boathouse at Cleves. Within walking distance is Abbey's Bakehouse location to help satisfy all your sweet cravings. Home of the famous Cleves Kids program, there something for kids of all ages to enjoy. With experienced councillors and lots of water time, our kids camp are sure to be the highlight of any kids summer. Whether you are looking to relax outside, play a round of golf or take in our famous waterski show we have something for you to do this summer. Memories are made at a place like this. Experience the incredible this summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Clevelands House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clevelands House Hotel Minett
- Clevelands Hotel Minett
- Clevelands House Ontario/Minett, Canada