JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
$207
$175
  • Pool
Sherwood Inn(Port Carling)(Great Value!)
$139
Windermere House Resort & Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
$186
$181
Rocky Crest Golf Resort(Muskoka District)
$170
Grand Tappattoo Resort(Parry Sound)(Great Value!)
$131
Hotwire.com
Crestwood Inn(Port Carling)
  • Beachfront
1,302 results
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolitalian restauranthot tubmarch breakpaignton housedog sleddingone bedroom suitethe cottagesjw marriott the rosseauseparate showerlobby barfull kitchenbeautiful propertysofa bedsteam roomgas fireplaceoff season
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Arrived at 4:15 pm for a check in stated at 4pm. Told sorry our room was not ready, no idea when it would be, given a drink voucher for basic drink. 1\2 hour later checked again, still not ready. 1 hour now asked again and told sorry not ready, asked for a drink voucher and was told they can not encourage drinking as I would get drunk. Stated that I had had 1 drink in the last hour, Min the customer rep reluctantly gave me another. Funny if I was paying for them at the bar would they have tried to stop me from buying more drinks? I think not. Went back 1 1\2 hours later asked about the room. Told sorry not ready no expected time when it would be. Asked to see manager. Saw him about after a 20 minute wait. Told him his clerks were rude and needed customer service training, especially Min also I spent good money on a room as was entitled to enjoy it.
He offered to let me shower in the spa, nice!!!!! He then offered me another drink voucher and breakfast voucher for the next morning.
Went back another 1\2 hour later and asked for the voucher I was promised and was told by the manager that my wife had picked it up.
Corrected him that she had not and it strained him to provide what he had promised. They really don't get the customer is right concept!!!
Finally after 2:45 we finally got a room.
Spend your money elsewhere at a resort where you can get in and enjoy what you pay for. All they had to do was say your room will be late here are some vouchers go enjoy the resort. In stead we sat useless for over 2 1\2hours.
Nice room, great grounds but the staff really is the worst. Came from a Hilton in North Bay to this resort and the Hilton had exceptional customer service and was 1/3 the price.
To add insult to injury when checking out they charged us for breakfast.
Are these people nuts, we used the voucher we were given by the manager for breakfast.
All the front line employees should be required to take customer service training, or given jobs where they don't have customer contact. And that includes the manager who should know the customer is always right.
They really are a bad introduction to the JW Marriott brand.
I will never return to this rude, ignorant place. I am also writing head office to specifically complain about the front desk clerk Min who basically told me I was a drunk. She really has got to be fired or demoted to a non customer facing position.
So please run from booking this place and book elsewhere where they will respect your business and you as a customer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Rob880
Kati S, Manager at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for your review of your experience recently at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka. We regret that you did not feel that our service lived up to the standards that are expected at a resort carrying the JW Marriott name. Ongoing training, and reviews are essential to our continued pursuit of service excellence. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

this was the worst experience in our 15 years of staying at marriotts. The hotel is quite disorganized with untrained staff. Many of workers here are inexperienced and seasonal workers, for many this must be their first job as they didn't even know the hotel's facilities leave aside the hotel systems and processes. Right from check-in which took them ant 3 hours to organize for a confirmed booking to check out was nightmare. On one of the restaurants, 6/- tip on $30 bill was assumed to be $61 tip, innocent mistake but explains the level of employee experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Ken G

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience recently. Coaching and guidance are an important aspect of our associate training, and your comments will be shared with hotel leadership to assist in this. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while on a business trip. From the moment we arrived , until the moment we left , the staff at The Rosseau were extremely pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were outstanding. They were very clean and welcoming. The bar and kitchen staff were engaging and hospitable. It was foggy and raining the entire time we were there , so we were basically stuck inside. I couldn't ask for a better resort in which to be rained in. We explored the grounds our last day here , and came face to face with a doe and her young fawn. We are looking forward to returning with our children. Would definitely recommend a visit to anyone travelling to the Muskokas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank R0ADTRIPPER77

We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! There are often deer by the ponds on the property. Thank you for your kind review - we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Brought about 7 girls to enjoy the spa and its services for a girls day out (2 days before my wedding). The day was absolutely perfect. We enjoyed the hot tub and steam room and saunas. Spent all day at the spa pool! The massages were AMAZING.

Afterwards, we enjoyed lunch at the restaurant there. The server was absolutely charming. I wish I could remember her name because she definitely deserves the recognition! She brought out fruit to help tide us over and after our lunch, she brought out a little dessert plate to congratulate me on my upcoming wedding.

Thank you!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your girls getaway with us! Your kind comments will be shared with associates in Spa Rosseau and the restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to Muskoka soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

You will not find a more beautiful property anywhere......however, expected much more from a Marriott. Arrived at noon, didn't get our room until 5:30 (even though they guarantee 4pm check-in, I'm sorry) After 4.5 hours, they offered us a complimentary drink (no specialty drinks, just wine/beer, I'm sorry) Restaurant couldn't get us reservations until 8:45 (I'm sorry) Service was poor, food was marginal.
Waited 45 minutes for breakfast...had to ask for menus (I'm sorry), again for water (I'm sorry), again for coffee(i'm sorry), again for cutlery (i'm sorry), again for salt and pepper(I'm sorry).....If they could only improve their service instead of just apologizing constantly!!
Spa was nice, but WAY overpriced. $75 dollar pedicure plus $15 for polish removal(??!)
Got our appointment time wrong for massages(I'm sorry) and didn't book with "registered masseuse" even though requested, so couldn't put it through insurance. (I'm sorry) They called me on my cell 5 days later when I was back in Toronto, to ask if I was coming down for my massage...(?!!) they booked the wrong day! (so sorry) At this point all I could do was laugh.
Overall, rooms are lovely and property outstanding, but they need to work big time on their service! Stop apologizing and do better!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Mary S
Kati S, Manager at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Mary, thank you so much for your review of your recent experience with us at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka. Clearly we did not deliver the exceptional experience that we strive for, and that our guests expect. Please know that your comments are shared with leadership teams in all areas of the hotel, and are important to the development of our team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.