We stayed here for 5 days during a visit to Canada. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was gorgeous. We did not have a lake view but this didn't detract from the room at all. The bedroom was spacious and had a massive kingsize bed. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, microwave, hob, dishes and lots of utensils. There is a dining table and we cooked in twice during our stay. The other nights we ate at Cottages. The service was friendly and our waitress was really helpful. The food took quite a long time to arrive and it was ok but nothing really special for the price you pay.
There is resort fee of $20 per room a day day plus taxes. This entitles you to use a range of facilities within the resort at no additional cost. These include bike hire, canoe, peddle boat and kayaks. There are also guided walks for adults only, family hikes, guided cycle and canoe rides. There is a giant inflatable trampoline and a massive slide in the water at the beach of the hotel, these too are covered under the resort fee. Great fun for all! The people who run the resort onsite activities could not be any more helpful. Dan and his crew work hard and are a credit to the hotel.
Parking at the hotel is easy, you drop bags off at reception them drive the two minutes to the massive onsite free car park, simple and easy.
The pool has a good gym and two large outdoor swimming pools and one indoor swimming pool. All very clean and never too busy, there were plenty of sunbeds at the pools.
There is a nice golf course next to the hotel, we didn't play but walked round a couple of the holes by the hotel, stunning scenery.
I would say that the atmosphere changed from peace and calm to being a bit roudy on Friday evening. We had people check into the room next to us and at 9pm they decided to have a major party in their room, one phone call to reception stopped this but there is a young party crowd that seem to come for the weekend and they are loud at the beach and in the hotel. Sunday evening all calm was restored.
This is a simply stunning resort that has excellent facilities and wonderful staff. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort and will hopefully be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa welcomes guests to luxurious surroundings overlooking Lake Rosseau. Year-round, experience the beauty and renewal of nature on your terms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rosseau, a Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- The Rosseau, a Jw Marriott Hotel Minett
- Jw Marriott Rosseau
- Jw Marriott Minett
- JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa Ontario/Minett, Canada