“Terrific food but expensive wine”
Review of Les Copains d'abord - CLOSED

Les Copains d'abord
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in downtown Mont-Tremblant, Copains inspires all of the senses with its modern chic ambiance, contemporary french cuisine, and gracious service.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our appetizer salad of duck confit, mango and greens with foie gras toast caught our attention! My rack of lamb on mashed celery root with sherry glaze kept my attention! The disappointing part was that the price of the wine was ridiculous and we refused to pay for it so we weren't able to compliment the meal with a nice bottle of wine. Otherwise a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First off. Not sure what is going on at the restaurant. We were told no table was available when half the place was empty. Reservations were needed but the tables that were reserved stayed empty all night.

The food was almost excellent. Wife said her steak was the best she ever had. Daughter had the lamb and really enjoyed it. Son had the mixed grill and loved it. I had the salmon and it was good but the coconut accompaniment was bland. Service was so so. I believe the restaurant is understaffed.

1  Thank gracieFla
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We waited a very long time for our meal even though the restaurant was half empty. The waitress kept having to come over every 15minutes to apologize for the wait. When the meals did arrive, it was disappointing. The burger was charred on the outside, but raw on the inside. When we complained, they remade the burger, but there was no improvement. The remade burger was still charred on the outside and raw on the inside. As the burger patty tasted previously frozen, it wasn't safe to eat unless it was thoroughly cooked. WE DEFINITELY WON'T BE BACK.

2  Thank Ireen8
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your burger experience of July 20. I was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your recent visit as you posted on Tripadvisor. Service and food here is usually well appreciated as we go through great lengths to assure it .In reviewing your complaint, I must agree with you on all counts. You see our burgers are first grilled then finished off in the oven for thoroughness. When your burger came back the second time we knew there was a problem
(Because we never get burgers returned). In effect, it seems the thermostat of our electronic oven is non functional and as there is no service repair on Weekends; it will be repaired on Monday. Please understand and do not judge us too harshly as we were not aware of this malfunction. We did however make sure you were not charged for it. On behalf of the restaurant and its staff please accept our apologies.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here and would recommend to anyone. The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact the some items on the menu were not available. That said, the chocolate ganache made up for it! The service was excellent.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

4 of us ate at this restaurant after having a nice spa day in Scandinave Spa.

The atmosphere, the food, and the layout of this restaurant is not what we were expecting.

It looks like any other regular, food is nothing special, and service can significantly improve.

I don't recommend going here. Not worth the price at all.

3  Thank Mike P
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts and helping us improve our brand
I must admit it I was surprised by your review
I was sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your experience at Copains.
Service and food here is usually well appreciated as it is our « raison d’être ».
In trying to justify your review, the only explanation I can think of is that you
based your visit on previous reviews from our previous format (high end - fine cuisine).
We are not that kind of restaurant any more as we have changed (Dec 2012) to
more of a modern urban - bistro with a lighter menu many more wines by the glass,
and much more accessible prices. If you see this posting, I would love to discuss
the matter further with you if you would be open to it. I would also love to hear
more about your dishes at Copains in order to verify on what you experienced.
On behalf of the restaurant and its staff,
thank you for your input and all the best for the summer season.