“Good food, long night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Les Copains d'abord - CLOSED

Les Copains d'abord
Cuisines: French, Greek, Contemporary, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in downtown Mont-Tremblant, Copains inspires all of the senses with its modern chic ambiance, contemporary french cuisine, and gracious service.
Richmond, Virginia
“Good food, long night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our family was in the area on a ski vacation and this restaurant was recommended to us by the rental agent for New Year's Eve. Our reservation was for 6:30 and there was another seating that night around 9:30 (several restaurants I checked did something similar that evening--two seatings and a prix fixe menu). We were under the impression that even though the menu was fixed, the next course would arrive soon after we had finished the current one--that's not exactly the way it happened. We ended up being there for three hours and were more than ready to leave by the end of the meal. The food was good, however, and they allowed our younger son to deviate from the prix fixe menu which was very nice of them. I'd like to go back another time and order from the regular (less expensive) menu.

• Visited December 2012
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dinner experience. Service from the kitchen is generally quick as we usually have an established menu. Our menu for NYE was a classic French approach and a little more work to execute hence a little more time was needed as there were many allergies and food intolerances. Please keep in mind we’re in the business of making people happy and respond to their needs. We’d be pleased to host you once again on your next visit and enjoy our regular menu .On behalf of the restaurant and its staff, thank you for your input and all the best in the New Year.

Eric Marle
Owner, chef de cuisine

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Salty but tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The Angus burger was a bit too salty and the rare stake was a bit too well done but overall it was all very tasty. Good size portions. Nice beer on tap and great cozy atmosphere.

Toronto
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Based on reviews of Les Copains on Tripadvisor, I booked this restaurant to thank our friends for their hospitality in Tremblant. Our overall experience was disappointing. After waiting for 20 minutes, we had to ask for menus after being seated. There was a major problem in the kitchen with respect to our orders but no one offered an explanation. I enjoy dining at a reasonable pace, but it took over 3 hours for a 3 course meal to be served. Eric did come out at the end and offer his apologies for the kitchen issues but by that time, I was embarrassed at having suggested the restaurant. I followed up with Eric after we got back from our vacation and had to ask for some form of compensation. He did provide us with a small credit, but even with respect to that, I had to call numerous times to followup. Based on my experience, I would never dine at this restaurant again and would not recommend it.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Tracey V
chefguy2009, Manager at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Stunned by your review, I must admit it took me a moment of reflection in order to respond. As you mentioned, I visited your table, apologised, and explained the reason for the delay. Although not enjoyable, these things happen in the restaurant industry. It was my understanding that compensation in the form of a rebate was what you were looking for. We do not usually do this but in order to keep you happy we did. What I fail to understand is why you give us a negative review from your experience almost 6 months later? You have not been back, we have compensated you as promised, you mentioned you were happy with the end result, so again, why give us a negative review this far down the line?
Tripadvisor is a very powerful medium that should be used for legitimate reviews concerning innovation, quality of food and service. Not restaurant bashing six months later as this is clearly the case. Although I understand your deception that evening I think your method unfair and dishonest as we did our best to fix the situation. I am under the impression this was just a scam in order to get a rebate, pretend to be happy then turn around and criticize us?
As hard as we try to keep our clients happy, sometimes we must disagree.

Disappointed from your actions and credibility,

Eric Marle
Owner, chef de cuisine and honest.
Hampton Bays, New York
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family of four, (two teens) thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas dinner at Les Copains d'abord.
From the outside it is not particularly noteworthy, but once inside you are warmly greeted with first rate service. We all found a variety of interesting dishes to order from the prix fix menu, each with exceptional presentation and flavor. The interior is elegant and well lit, with an enjoyable level of background music. This should be your first choice for a special or romantic dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiance on T/A and for the wonderfull words.
Glad you had a good time with us and that you enjoyed your experiance at Copains.
We were honored by your visit as it was indeed a pleasure to serve your family.
All the best for the new year and health above all.
Keep safe,
e.
mont treblant
“food is modiocure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

we have 7 people for christmas ski.

the food does not deserve the rating it has. none of the dish has wow factor. we spent about $600. little bit pricy.

4 Thank alex w
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your dinner experience of December 25. I was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your recent visit as you posted on Tripadvisor. Service and food here is usually well appreciated as you can tell from previous postings. As you did not have a reservation, we tried our best to accommodate you. Service from the kitchen was generally quick as we offered a reduced menu because of this day of the year. Our menu for the 25 was a classic French approach as our guests are eager to leave early for the unwrapping of presents etc. So Yes I agree the wow factor was there but somewhat limited as this was not our mission for that evening. Although after verification with our wait staff all your dishes were completely finished (thank you). Please keep in mind we’re in the business of making people happy and respond to their needs. On that note you should see what we have planned for Dec 31 !!!
I would really love to write a great last chapter to this story for you. If you see this posting, I would love to discuss the matter further with you if you would be open to it. I would also love to hear more about your dishes at Copains to make sure that we can improve on what you experienced. It's so important to us that our guests leave raving about their meals with us and it pains me that you did not on this visit. On behalf of the restaurant and its staff, thank you for your input and all the best in the New Year.