“Fabulous Food, Fabulous Chef!!!”
Review of Les Copains d'abord - CLOSED

Les Copains d'abord
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in downtown Mont-Tremblant, Copains inspires all of the senses with its modern chic ambiance, contemporary french cuisine, and gracious service.
“Fabulous Food, Fabulous Chef!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped by this restaurant for lunch and were so impressed by the food and service my husband and I made reservations for my birthday for dinner. What a wonderful surprise when we walked in to find a table decorated with sparkles and corks for my birthday. The Chef and Owner, Eric Marle came out and presented us with a fabulous meal. First a melt in your mouth appetizer like I never have had. My lobster linguine dish was filled with delectable lobster and a wonderful cream sauce. Chef Marle is a master at sauces as was on my husband's filet mignon. The desert was an over the top creme brulee and an incredible custard like dish filled with assorted berries. Chef Marle aim is to please with fresh food and great service. He is warm and friendly with an ingratiating personality. The menu outside does not really tell the story of this great restaurant, go in and you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank seeker1111

Montreal, Canada
“One of the best restaurants in the area!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was my first time at Les copains d'abord and I must say the experience was not disappointing! The tart tatin with foie gras was just perfect (very creative, excellent twist on a classic dish!) and the duck was excellent as well. The wine recommendation from the waiter was perfect to accompany our different orders. Chef Merle came to our table at the end of the evening (even though it was a busy night) and was extremely gracious. Thank you for one of the best evenings out in a long time! I wil be back!

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! What an Excellent Experience!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time here and we were not disappointed. Chef Merle provided our group of 6 with an exceptional 8course tasting menu that was delicious, beautiful and plentiful. The wine pairing was by far one of the best we have ever experienced. Thank you for an amazing dining experience. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank Erika M
Ottawa, Ontario
“And mixed bag”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had the early bird table d'hotes. Caesar salad a bit small and soggy. Duck sausage with sweet carmalized onion chutney excellent. Steak et frites good meat, but cooked one grade more than ordered in two cases. We were told the chef that night was new. Fries a bit too salty, and string beans undercooked. Staff overpraise the food, setting us up for disappointment. Reluctant to pack up our sons leftovers as they aspire to be fancier than that. However the staff were certainly polite and attentive, not rude in any way. Good coffee.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank howard_ottawa
chefguy2009, Owner at Les Copains d'abord, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor contributor,

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts with us.
I'm sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your experience at Copains but after a briefing with your waiter, we cannot understand why you did not mention your dissatisfaction when he checked up on your table?
(We would’ve changed your dish)
You should never have to eat something you are not entirely happy with…. Anywhere!

You see, we are in the business of making people happy with food and service.
It's so important to us that our guests leave raving about their meals.
I would love to speak to you personally if you would be open to it,
Please email or call me at your leisure

Eric Marle
Montreal, Canada
“chef knows what he's doing”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Limited menu and not run-of-the-mill choices, but what they do, they do well. And wines! The service was personal and professional. And if you are there for dinner but want something simpler off the lunch menu, just ask and they will do their best to accommodate.

Visited August 2012