“French Dining on the Mountain Ski Village”
Review of Aux Truffes - CLOSED

Aux Truffes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montee Ryan
Burlington, Canada
“French Dining on the Mountain Ski Village”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This restaurant is situated near the top of the mountain ski village, nestled between other restaurants. Since it is fall the outside terrace was not available but would make a good place to enjoy a summer evening.
Upon arrival, unfortunately there was no one to greet us so we waited a few minutes and eventually a lady came out and brought us to our table. Overall the service was quite good and attentive. The food was very well prepared with beautiful presentations and the meal was very enjoyable. One had the catch of the day and the other the rack of lamb, which was a bit stringy. The wine selection was very good as were the desserts.

• Visited September 2013

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“French Cuisine”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner. It was a lovely meal and served with attention to detail. Very friendly waiter. Lovely restaurant. Excellent food. Ambiance was perfect.

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“After 25 minutes of waiting for service, got up and left!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant for breakfast, decided to give thus a try and regretted it later. The waiter seated us and left, sent another waiter with only one coffee we were two and never came back. After asking for someone to come by for our order 3 times I was ignored, my wife, son and myself got up and left. Waited 30 minutes for waiter was unacceptable!

Montreal, Canada
“Worse experience ever!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service is really slow, they would not know their own product and wine. The tartar was horrible, only tasted vinaigre and you could not tell what kind of meat was used for it. The foie gras poêlé was good however (hopefully, since it's their specialty). As for the main course, I ordered something and got something else because, well, there was not any left of what I ordered in the first place, but they did not bother asking me what I would like something else instead. I ended up with a piece of veal full of nerves dangling in enough liquid (they call it sauce), it could be taken for a soup. Oh yeah, and if I cared for some more wine, I had to go and grab our bottle standing on another table. Way too expensive for the value.

• Visited August 2013
“Poor service but good food”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a Fench meal in the village so we decided to eat here. We made reservations but there were plenty of open tables. Unfortunatly it took 20 minutes for anyone to take even a drink order. There were two waiters running around disorganized and a buss boy. The waitress was so flustered she didn't even know the soup du jour. I kind of felt bad for them seeing how there was no manager pressent nor a bar tender so they were left to do all of those jobs which is probably why things were so slow. If there were a manager and bar tender I'm sure things would function a lot better. For instance they never had time to fill our water glasses. Things you would expect a "fine dining" restaraunt to do automatically.

Our meal was great. I was worried because of the mixed reviews. I got the filet cooked perfect and a beet salad that was scrumptious. My hubby got the stuffed rabbit which he enjoyed a lot.

The atmosphere was okay. They have indoor or outdoor seating.

If you don't feel like traveling off the village for a French dinner then this place is okay but don't bring your expectations for the service.