“Great for b-fast”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montee Ryan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went here for breakfast one morning while in Tremblant. It was very good. From the home made sausage to the excellent hot chocolate. As this is one of the best restaurants in Tremblant, the setting is great, big tables, nice linen, excellent service. I can't wait to go back and try dinner.....next time perhaps

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Having many restaurants to choose from in the Mont Tremblant village , my husband and I are glad we chose Aux Truffes for supper. The moment we walked in the door we knew we had made the right choice. The ambiance was great and supper was fabulous.
Our waiter Max was friendly and most helpful in explaining the choices on the menu. We chose from the Table d'Hote . Every dish was a big hit starting from the soup (lobster bisque) appetizer(pan seared shrimp)main dish (filet mignon) ended with creme brule ( to die for).
We will certainly return to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I searched reviews all over the web trying to find a decent place to eat in Mont Tremblant near the pedestrian village. After much research, I finally decided on Aux Truffes. The menu looked delicious and the location was perfect. I ordered the chef's four course meal with wine pairings and began the meal with a local salad tossed in a truffle oil vinaigrette. It was a good salad, until I got a few bites in and noticed something long, green and wiggly on my salad, which happened to be a live caterpillar. Needless to say, I was rather taken aback. They removed my salad and asked me if I wanted another, which I politely declined.

I then had a lobster ravioli that was deep fried, chewy and lacking any interesting flavors. I had upgraded my meal to include foie gras. I have had foie gras many places and found this one less than memorable.

For the main course, I had decided on a pan-seared sea bass. There was nothing pan-seared about this bass. It was over cooked and chewy. The only good part to this meal was the quinoa and turnips that accompanied the bass. The quinoa was perfectly seasoned in a delicious broth and the turnips were done just right.

Finally, I finished my meal with a selection of cheeses. They were rather pedestrian with nothing interesting to accompany them.

All in all, I would definitely recommend eating elsewhere.

*After the caterpillar incident, they took $10 off of my meal. Really? You almost had me eat a live bug and you take the cost of the salad, that I didn't finish off of my meal. Needless to say, I will not be returning.

1  Thank JenHillJHCCS
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food is very flavorful, well plated, and the atmosphere is great. Not a place for little kids, but that makes it a great place for adults!

Service was very pleasant - but a little slow.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food here was just average. What makes this restaurant stand out are the exceptionally high prices. I was blown away by the prices for just average food. Service was good but still there was more than one mistake made by the servers with our group of 7 people. Would not be my choice if I ever return to Tremblant.

1  Thank DeirdreWade