“Great view, great alcohol not so great service”

La Forge Bistro-Bar & Grill
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Cuisines: Barbecue, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One restaurant, two experiences; the Bistro-Bar of La Forge offers a seasonal menu, with something for every taste, for lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is welcoming and the bar is right in the middle of the big room… from which you can admire the mountain and ski slopes on one side and on the other, Place St-Bernard in the centre of Tremblant’s pedestrian village. On the second floor, The Grill of La Forge offers truly excellent cuisine. Specializing in meats grilled over maple-wood coals, it provides the charm of yesteryear both on your plate and in the luxurious décor of wood, leather and wrought iron that makes the atmosphere so warm and lush. An amazing wine cellar, awarded the the Prix Excellence from Wine Spectator (2 glasses) awaits you.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great view, great alcohol not so great service”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Sitting in this restaurant, bill's just been paid. The service at first was great, dropped off after we got our second drinks. The finger food we ordered were good and the alcohol was good, until they ran out of Jameson. I'd come back. View at the base of the hill is nice.

Montreal, Canada
“Drinks were OK the service was really not there”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

So another day of our vacation and we did the walkabout ... instead of going to Bullseye as we did 2 days before .... the long and short of it is drinks are not less expensive (no surprise there) but the service was really really bad.... we were in the middle of the afternoon, not too many clients ... plenty of staff but they were not in the mood of serving clients .... Unfortunate .....

Visited August 2012
Ottawa
“Perfectly cooked Steaks”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It seemed that the 2 servers were in disagreement of who's table it was, service was spotty at best, it wasn't busy, VERY expensive but I have to say my steak (& everyone else @ the table) was cooked perfectly.
I found it odd that a restaurant in a cool climate resort wouldn't have any kind of soup & if like seafood or are a vegetarian you're pretty much out of luck, the ONLY vegetable besides potatoes was asparagus

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Horrible food dont go there”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My familyan I went to Tremblant for a week end, I really enjoy Tremblant it was not my first time. I went to Tremblant many time for Skiing or for pleasure only. We decide to go dinner at La forge on Saturday night we sit in the Bistro area, my wife other 2 sausagse with fries, the sausage was no cook and taste horrible we wont not sure the sausage was fresh, look like a old sausage someone forget in the frig. we told that to the waiter, the waiter was very helpful my wife decide to change is plate for a Chicken burger, Chicken burge at 19$ wow i can easily do the same kind of burger for 1$ at home. My kid orders nachos, and burger that was only ok.

It cost me 180$ for 4 poeple 2 kids ans 2 adult with one bottle of water at 50$ very expensive for nothing, me and my wife decide to never go back again at this place. The worst think is manager come see us to say I am sorry for that but never offer us dessert or a drink........ Very very very dissapoint it.

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Service is slower than mud”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The service at this restaurant is slower than mud. You can teel that the waiters know that people will eat at this restaurant regardless of the service given. We had to ask our waiter three times for bread for my young daughter who was very hungry. We asked twice for water. It was never-ending in terms of asking for stuff. I ordered a burger, no condiments on the bun. I had to ask for the ketchup, mayo and mustard. Ridiculous when you think that this is a family restaurant.

Visited September 2012