“Not as good as we expected”

Pimbina Spa & Massage
Ranked #7 of 21 Mont Tremblant B&B and Inns
León
“Not as good as we expected”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The rooms are ok, but a bit small and crowded. The owners are kind and helpful if you can speak French, but they seemed reluctant to speak English-- my boyfriend is French but I do not speak the language, and they were letting him translate everything for me, even when they were addressing to me.
Maybe because it was low season, the spa was a bit cold.
On the whole the stay was ok, a bit pricey for what it is

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beaconsfield, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I went to the Pimbina on the 30th of July with my mother and I can say that it was a great experience.
The location of this B&B is excellent, surrounded by nice trees, 5mn away from the Scandinavian SPA, close to the Mont-Tremblan National Park and Village. It is close to restaurants, shops.
Chantal, the owner of this Bed and Breakfast, was very helpful reserving our massage at the Scandinavian SPA and sent me clear instructions and hotel direction by email.
At my arrival, we met Chantal who is a very nice and warm person. We felt like home.
The room (La trouvaille) as well as the bathroom were decorated with taste (beautiful antique objects). It was clear, clean and the bed was very comfortable. I really slept well as did my mother.
The bathroom was equiped with all the necessary objects and was clean and clear.
The breakfast is included in the price and it was just excellent. It was prepared and served by Chantal in the beautiful dining room. The fruits served were of season, fresh,tasty and nicely cut and presented. The whole breakfast was excellent. Good quality products.
Chantal was very friendly with all her guests and took good care of each of us individually.
It is my first Bed and Breakfast experience and I really loved it compared to the type of service we get at 4 and 5 star hotels.
I will definitely go back to the Pimbina on my next visit to the SPA or the Mont-Tremblant area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The service was thw worst I ever got in a trip. Even if the proprietress does a mistake on your resevation, she doesn't care of the satisfaction of her clients and give less for being honest. She would try to compensate her mistake but if you dont take her deal, you can go to hell...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank viajero1514
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed at Le Pimbina for 2 nights as part of a ski trip to Mont Tremblant, and had an amazing time. It's a small B&B- only 5 or 6 rooms, which means that it's cozy, not noisy at all and you'll get to meet the rest of the guests over breakfast in the morning! I arrived in the middle of a snowstorm (it was minus 20 degrees Celsius outside) and the lovely log fire was a welcome relief. Had to let myself in, but Chantal (the owner) had emailed me the codes for the main door and my room, so it was fine.

15 mins after moving in and arranging my stuff in the room, there was a knock on my room door, and I opened the door to see Chantal there, all welcoming smiles. I don't speak any french at all, but she speaks english, so non-french-speakers will be alright. She gave me lots of useful info on bus services, and helped me with purchasing discounted lift tickets and getting discounts on ski rentals. My room was a decent size, warm, and very comfortable (plenty of blankets and extra pillows). There's cable TV, and a DVD player (with a selection of DVDs in the living room). There was a bathtub in the ensuite, a hairdryer, and loads of fluffy towels, but no toiletries are provided, so bring your own. There's an outdoor hot tub that guests can access (you'll have to remove the cover yourself and press a button to start the jets) but i didn't because I was too cold outside.

Breakfast was lovely- coffee, juice, yoghurt, fruits and pancakes. After that, it's a 5 mins local bus ride to St. Jovite (lovely little village) or 20 mins by local bus to Mont Tremblant Ski Resort. And the local bus only costs $2. But the bus only arrives once an hour (and it's super punctual) so it helps to plan your day.

All in all, it's was a lovely peaceful weekend. Staying in ski resorts can be rowdy and noisy (not to mention expensive), so staying in Le Pimbina was great. All the action of a nearby ski field/ scandanavian spa/ all the activities in the Laurentians, but with the charm of living in a little cottage in St Jovite. I had a great time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
mofra
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Our room was very small - you could practically ear the people breathing in the other room - when we arrive the key was taped to the outside door - no one was there. They have a spa outside but it is not private at all - it is all in the open. The location is good and the breakfast was excellent. in the morning the host ask my boyfriend if he wanted a coffee and when he replied i would love too she told him to get up and go press the button on the coffee machine.... i have travelled extensively all over the world and even thought this was definitely not an horrible experience i would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mofra
toronto
Reviewed February 10, 2009

The stay was amazing!
Usually I enjoy staying in a hotel. This wa our first experience of staying in a bed and breakfast and I was fascinated! (I appologize for spelling mistakes).
The best thing I enjoyed from staying at La Pimbina was the fireplace. It was very beautiful.
I am not a morning person, but the breakfast was definatelly worth waking up for. Everything was very delicious and different everyday.

There are so many things I loved there, and I definatelly want to go back. It is like renting a cottage, only you dont have to worry about cooking :)

I'd definatelly go there again. The experience was amazing!

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — hard to find at first
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
TORONTO
Reviewed September 5, 2008

This is our first time check in to B&B in Mount Tremblant and we just love it. Check in was easy. Instruction clearly provided to us as soon as we booked the B&B.

We love the decor of the B&B, the back yard is nice and camp fire at night. It's really a relaxing weekend for us.

Thank you Chantal for the great services, entertainment and delicious breakfast.

We will strongly recommed anybody to stay at this B&B. We will be back to this B&B again in the future.

Regards,
Melanie & Reiner
Tororonto

• Liked — The owner is very friendly
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)